Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying) Arrested

he was caught by an undercover cop posing as the hitman.  I mean, this isnt even on the same level.  no one died, this was not a terrorist plot.  he was trying to kill his wife, and fuck him for that. 

True, but you didn't need to make the same joke 4 times.

Not very familiar with this band but aren't they an openly Christian band or am I thinking of somebody else?

While the band may not be openly Christian, Tim is. 

I call BS, but it's funny none the less.  (and before any AILD fans jump down my throat, I'm a big fan of Tim's work)

Not sure the arrest BS.  This story is circulating all the major news outlets.

I really need to stop reading this thread. I will chime in that in the past few years its safe to say Tim has sort of gone away from being as "Christian" as before.

Still pretty surreal and hard to believe he is capable of this. The arrest is most definitely real, I think it's the allegation that people can't believe.

Also, while his wife filed for the divorce he is the one who approached her about it.

I really need to stop reading this thread. I will chime in that in the past few years its safe to say Tim has sort of gone away from being as "Christian" as before.

Still pretty surreal and hard to believe he is capable of this. The arrest is most definitely real, I think it's the allegation that people can't believe.

Also, while his wife filed for the divorce he is the one who approached her about it.

The article I read said that they were a straight edge christian band. I hate both of those.

"To our fans,

As we post this, the legal process is taking its course and we have no more information than you do. There are many unanswered questions, and the situation will become clearer in the coming days and weeks. We'll keep you informed as best we can.

Our thoughts right now are with Tim, his family, and with everyone else affected by this terrible situation - and with our fans, whom we love and draw strength from.

Thank you for understanding, and as always, for your support of As I Lay Dying.

- Jordan, Nick, Phil, and Josh"

We've seen situations like this on dateline. A dum dum approaches a dude, posing as a cop, and asks them to kill their significant other. The only difference between this and what I've seen on dateline is that some people like this guy's music, and we don't get to see the hilarious part where the cameras come out and tell him that he asked a fucking COP to kill his wife.

Anybody ever see the one where the wife approaches the murderer for hire (a cop) to kill her husband? She gets home from work the day that she thinks the deed is going to be done, and there are police and an ambulance at her house. They tell her that her husband has been murdered by somebody and that they want to bring her to the station to ask her a few questions about who would want to do is to him,

Then they have the murderer for hire (the cop) come in the room, and she knows she's busted.

THEN they have her not-deceased husband come in the room.

Great TV, you guys.

Yeah I see shit being written about how she served him with papers as if thats the cause of this. But I follow him on instagram and its clear that hes over her due to his current hot as fuck girlfriend. 

Also I heard a rumor he renounced his faith. No idea to the truth about that. 

Im still in denial about this. I just dont think the man is capable of it. At all. I just wanted an interview where he says if he got a huge check the first thing he would spend it on is charities close to his heart, "as much of a miss america answer that is". My friend and I came to the conclusion that if he is indeed guilty (which is still weird considering he was in Asia when he allegedly solicited the officer) he was on roids and it made him lose his shit. The dude went from being lanky to looking like Triple H in a year. He had to at least be taking testosterone boosters. He grew gnarly facial hair out of nowhere. Theres just no way that a dude like Tim could be capable of trying to get a hit on his wife. Had to be on something. 

he is innocent until proven guilty but you don't think its possible he was capable of this? Of course he is, as is anyone else. I'm going to assume you don't know him on a personal level. Sometimes, even a person you know well - or even on an intimate level - will do something you don't expect at all.

Yeah I see shit being written about how she served him with papers as if thats the cause of this. But I follow him on instagram and its clear that hes over her due to his current hot as fuck girlfriend.

Also I heard a rumor he renounced his faith. No idea to the truth about that.

Im still in denial about this. I just dont think the man is capable of it. At all. I just wanted an interview where he says if he got a huge check the first thing he would spend it on is charities close to his heart, "as much of a miss america answer that is". My friend and I came to the conclusion that if he is indeed guilty (which is still weird considering he was in Asia when he allegedly solicited the officer) he was on roids and it made him lose his shit. The dude went from being lanky to looking like Triple H in a year. He had to at least be taking testosterone boosters. He grew gnarly facial hair out of nowhere. Theres just no way that a dude like Tim could be capable of trying to get a hit on his wife. Had to be on something.

he is innocent until proven guilty but you don't think its possible he was capable of this? Of course he is, as is anyone else. I'm going to assume you don't know him on a personal level. Sometimes, even a person you know well - or even on an intimate level - will do something you don't expect at all.

Of course you never truly know someone as well as you think but i can say as someone who does know him (i've worked w/ him & the band over the last 3 years, bbq'd at his familys house and spent time at the beach with him, his wife & 1 of his adopted children) and as someone who knows people that are even closer to him then myself (my bestfriend shares a clothing company with him, managed AILD for a little bit, continues to work with him on ADM & Pyrithion and Tim was even the minister at his wedding), it is a HUGE shock to all of us.

As of this morning none of us have heard anything more than what any of the news sites are reporting but we do have a few scenarios that we could see playing out.

It could be that he said in passing & joking that it might be cheaper to kill her than pay alimony for the next 10 years and that person took him serious, took it to the police and had a sting set up when he returned home from China on Monday. While this is very plausible it is very hard to imagine something like that going as far as talking to a undercover police officer as a hitman.

It is very possible steroid use could have clouded his judgement and enhanced his anger. Again all speculation at this point and i guess everyone will find out the truth in the next couple days, his first court arrangement is today.

The Tim i know as a person i find it extremely hard to believe but then again i have seen Tim be a little ruthless when it comes to business related stuff and money so who knows.

All i know is i have a lot of friends (myself included) who could be pretty screwed financially if he is convicted.

According to U-T San Diego, the wife of imprisoned As I Lay Dying frontman Tim Lambesis claims that he had been obsessed with bodybuilding and virtually ignored their children.

Meggan Lambesis, 32, filed for divorce last fall, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple had been married eight years and had three children, all adopted from Ethiopia.

"Specifically," Meggan Lambesis claims, "he has become obsessed with bodybuilding and spends a great deal of time lifting weights, hanging out in the gym, and being unavailable to the children." She added that Lambesis would sometimes fall asleep while supervising his children and spent thousands of dollars on tattoos and high-end vehicles.

Meggan Lambesis, who was then a stay-at-home mother, provided a 2010 tax return showing $233,000 in gross income for the couple.

For the record, divorce filings are quite frequently nasty affairs, rife with he-said-she-said accusations. Though Meggan Lambesis' claims may well be accurate, the context of said claims should be taken into account. And while it doesn't honestly seem right to propagate this information, Tim Lambesis doesn't appear deserve a whole lot of consideration at the moment.

http://lambgoat.com/news/20380/Tim-Lambesis-wife--hes-obsessed-w--bodybuilding