Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying) Arrested

I highly doubt body building was a factor in any of this. Even if he was on some roids, still don't know why his wife needed to include that in anything. I think she was just trying to give an example or explain why he wasn't around much.

Chris Benoit

Oscar Piscatourous

Aaron Henry

Robert Bales

All of which used steroids, and you don't feel like it is steroids?

I don't know about the other guys, but Chris Benoit had severe bain trauma that could have contributed as well. "Benoit's brain was so severely damaged it resembled the brain of an 85-year-old Alzheimer's patient."

bnoit-brain.jpg

Chris Benoit

Oscar Piscatourous

Aaron Henry

Robert Bales

All of which used steroids, and you don't feel like it is steroids?

I don't. I think you're a little misinformed about steroids, especially modern developments. They're all just a bunch of dudes that wanted to off their wives.

the $1,000 wasn't the price or down payment. It was for "supplies"

oh haha, ok, ya that's what ian was referring to with "expenses" i guess.  what i initially meant is that i feel like proof of more money either on its way or upfront would make it seem less like a trap that he just walked right into.  (but good for his estranged wife that this got stopped pretty early on).  maybe as the case progresses, details about the former will come out.

Chris Benoit

Oscar Piscatourous

Aaron Henry

Robert Bales

All of which used steroids, and you don't feel like it is steroids?

So what about the millions of other steroid users that haven't killed/plotted to kill their wives? I know lots of guys who do/have done steroids and I can honestly tell you their personality/demeanor changes 0% from when they're on them to when they're off them. 

So what about the millions of other steroid users that haven't killed/plotted to kill their wives? I know lots of guys who do/have done steroids and I can honestly tell you their personality/demeanor changes 0% from when they're on them to when they're off them.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Calm down there, guy.

http://www.metalinjection.net/tim-lambesis-as-i-lay-dying-attorney-blames-steroid-use-for-alleged-crime-bail-lowered-to-2-million.html

So, in a twist I wasn't quite expecting, his attorney is trying to use steroids as a defense. I didn't see that coming.

You think that's a twist? Dan White's attorneys blamed Twinkies for his slaying of Harvey Milk.

http://www.metalinjection.net/tim-lambesis-as-i-lay-dying-attorney-blames-steroid-use-for-alleged-crime-bail-lowered-to-2-million.html

So, in a twist I wasn't quite expecting, his attorney is trying to use steroids as a defense. I didn't see that coming.

honestly, this is so stupid. it might be a defense if he had attempted to murder / murdered his wife himself in a fashion that indicated he was experiencing roid rage - like strangling her or stabbing her repeatedly. hiring someone else to murder her? come on. "i was raging so hard that i said fuck this. im gonna go find someone to murder her for me... later...  i gotta find that person first."

right, but it still seems like not much of a down payment/deposit for MURDER.  i feel like there's already something amiss about someone even agreeing to do something like that for that little amount of money upfront.

$1000 sounds like enough for a flight out of the country if shit goes south

The last article posted states that he was willing to pay $20,000 for the hit.

So, putting aside for a second that we are talking about real-live human beings with kids and whatnot...

Does $20,000 still seem cheap for MURDER to anyone else?  To me, its so unlikely that you get away with it and if you get caught its life in jail.  20K doesn't seem like life-altering money, ya know?