http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/beer-pong/n41913/

this and the Wes Anderson horror movie from Saturday have been my favorite things so far from the new season

kinda surprised with how strong the new cast members have been from the jump, it usually takes them some time to find their footing. (like Taran Killam is just now getting good after 2-3 seasons). Kyle Mooney is my favorite of the newbies, and he's awesome on that new HBO show "Hello Ladies" too.

hopefully Saturday was the last we'll see of Miley Cyrus on SNL for a while. her face just freaks me out.

New castmembers have been pretty good, particularly Beck Bennett and Kyle Mooney. I haven't seen enough from Noel Wells or John Milhiser yet, and I'm on the fence about Brooks Wheelan, he's kinda got an early Adam Sandler vibe to him. Michael O'Brien has been pretty lackluster as a castmember, but he's been an established writer on the show for a few years now, so I'll give him a chance.

I think a solid reason for this season's early success has been due to the "old new" castmembers stepping up. Taran Killam and Vanessa Bayer have really broken through this year. And Bobby Moynihan and Kenan Thompson have been great, but they've always been funny. I'd still like to see more from Jay Pharoah, but I've been saying that since he first joined.

My favorite skits so far this year have been:

-New Cast Member or Arcade Fire? (Tina Fey)

-Cheer Squad (Miley Cyrus)

-Poetry Class (Miley Cyrus)

-Gravity/Government Shutdown (Bruce Willis)

-24 Hour Energy for Dating Actresses (Bruce Willis)

-Protective Son (Bruce Willis)

-Beer Pong (Bruce Willis)

-Strangers with Candy (Edward Norton)

-Halloween w/Steve Harvey (Edward Norton)

-Wes Anderson slasher film (Edward Norton)

-Critter Control (Edward Norton)

• 1 month later...

I'm a firm supporter of this cast. We're what, ten episodes in? And I think some of the new cast members have already shown potential (namely Beck and Kyle), and the older cast that is still there has stepped up. Kate McKinnon is awesome. 

I just watched this past Saturday's episode on demand, and the reoccurring sketches get me excited. Mainly, Shanin (the elementary school girl that's a bad influence during guest speakers), and when McKinnon is the bar-whore (she's done that skit with Zach Galifinakis and now John Goodman). 

I'm used to Cecily doing Weekend Update by now, but I think they should eventually sneak Beck into that role. Especially after his T-Mobile commercials. I'd dig it more than Cecily.

And Drunk Uncle always makes me happy. 

Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon I am definitely interested in watching.

If they don't do the Barry Gibb talk show I may loose my shit, but I am sure they will. Love me some SNL and I agree that the new cast has done a good job at stepping up. Lots of new impersonations that have been great. I doubt they will let Cecily carry on with Weekend Update alone, but who will they choose... 

If they don't do the Barry Gibb talk show I may loose my shit, but I am sure they will. Love me some SNL and I agree that the new cast has done a good job at stepping up. Lots of new impersonations that have been great. I doubt they will let Cecily carry on with Weekend Update alone, but who will they choose... 

I think Cecily will probably do it alone.  There was also talk of Lorne having Seth coming back to do Weekend Update for a little bit after he left too (since his show wouldn't be on Saturdays and he would work in the same building) but that seems less likely now that all of the characters are telling him goodbye each week.

If Cecily does it alone, then that will be the first time a female has conquered weekend update solo since Jane Curtain in 1976. I'm all for the ladies and wouldn't mind Cecily going it alone, but Lorne has a tendency to partner them up with co-hosts. Maybe he will let her finish off the season solo and see what happens from there. 

Barry Gibb Talk Show is one of my favorite skits they do. Definitely in my top 10, along with the Get In The Cage bit they would do on weekend update.

• 1 month later...