PO: EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY: Prince Avalanche Score

I got this today and I'm really happy with the thick cardboard gatefold, the picture sleeve, the color of the vinyl, and the soundtrack itself. It's all really beautiful. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more after seeing the movie.

Ya! I absolutely love the thick gatefolds that TR does!! Equal to Graveface, TRLtd. is a solid DIY label. Always ready to support these guys!!

Mine showed up today and is on the turntable right now.  Really pleased with the entire package.  The transparent red is gorgeous.

Musically, it's quite a departure from their albums.  I really dig it though.  It's something that I'll listen to when I'm getting up and making coffee.

Mine showed up today and is on the turntable right now.  Really pleased with the entire package.  The transparent red is gorgeous.

Musically, it's quite a departure from their albums.  I really dig it though.  It's something that I'll listen to when I'm getting up and making coffee.

THIS.

Explosions is a powerful act. I am lucky enough to catch them jumping off of the NIN tour for a headlining act. My mind blew up the second I saw those tickets for sale. I'll put it back together for it to be blown back up at the show :D

Okay, cool. Looks like some people are in the same boat. I ordered when there was only like 30 left in stock, so I'd expect to get mine after most others.

I guess if I don't get it within the next week, I'll contact them. The comments in this thread have piqued my curiosity about this record. I'd rather wait to play it on my system rather than stream it. 

Got my red today, the packaging is great. And definitely more of a soundtrack than an album. But it sounds good.

Agreed, most of the songs are really short but sweet. I wouldn't call it a great album, but it's a very solid release overall. Really looking forward to seeing these guys again in November, they might be my favorite band to see live.