PO: The Dangerous Summer - Golden Record

no TDS record every carries any weight for me after a few months. i just get bored of it. 

well see how this one feels in september. 

Really? I find it almost opposite. The lasting value of TDS releases is amazing to me. It's difficult to "show TDS to a friend" because it does sound pretty run-of-the-mill at first listen. War Paint, for instance, I think is a gem as whole. The onslaught of drummy choruses and almost lack of dynamic from beginning to end is a lot of what makes it beautiful. It took me a whiiiiillle to love that record. Golden Record has hit me harder on the first few listens, but it'll just keep getting better. As I catch on to more harmonies, subtle strumming patterns, drum fills, and especially the heartfelt lyrics, I always grow to love anything TDS more and more and more.

not totally sold on the raspy vocals yet. none of the songs really stood out on first listen but catholic girls, sins and honesty grew on me pretty quickly. even if this ends up being my least favorite album i still really like that they tried something different but still distinctly the dangerous summer.

I do love how distinctly the dangerous summer everything they put out is. It's amazing how close this band hangs out to the normal, average, pop-rock band, but truly sounds nothing like it.

• 2 weeks later...

The record itself sounds pretty good. Better than the vinyl release of War Paint. It does make me wonder how they dropped the ball so hard with the new TWY album. Hopeless really should get new copies of that with new masters.

Edit: actually re-listening makes me think its a bit quit but meh w/e not the worst hopeless release. I don't expect much quality from them but rather appreciate when its there.

The record itself sounds pretty good. Better than the vinyl release of War Paint. It does make me wonder how they dropped the ball so hard with the new TWY album. Hopeless really should get new copies of that with new masters.

Edit: actually re-listening makes me think its a bit quit but meh w/e not the worst hopeless release. I don't expect much quality from them but rather appreciate when its there.

if it's a problem with album length, they should just go 2xLP... then it would actually justify the cost of their $20 albums, too.