PO: The Dangerous Summer - Golden Record

Just my personal opinion. I like the sound of GR better than RFTS but WP has better more relateable song writing

yeah i'm busting your chops. i love both albums a lot, i just can't imagine myself ranking RFTS last because it's what made me love them in the first place. but i guess we'll find out!

with only 3 albums, it's darn hard to rank. especially with 2 albums as baller as wp and rfts. I do freaking love catholic girls though. it's like work in progress pt. II to me.

yeah i'm busting your chops. i love both albums a lot, i just can't imagine myself ranking RFTS last because it's what made me love them in the first place. but i guess we'll find out!

Just my personal opinion. I like the sound of GR better than RFTS but WP has better more relateable song writing

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like it more than RFTS but not as much as WP. Overall though very satisified with the album. Lots of killer tracks but I do feel they released the best tracks first (Catholic Girls, Sins, and Miles Away). Still "Knives", "I Am Pathetic", and "Anchor" are stand outs. I honestly like the rougher vocals and hope they stick with it.

no TDS record every carries any weight for me after a few months. i just get bored of it.

well see how this one feels in september.

The EP and RFTS are two albums I will never forget. So many memories along with them, and I just really enjoy the music. I am also rather inebriated so this post is most likely pointless. Just needed to point out my love for them.

not totally sold on the raspy vocals yet. none of the songs really stood out on first listen but catholic girls, sins and honesty grew on me pretty quickly. even if this ends up being my least favorite album i still really like that they tried something different but still distinctly the dangerous summer.

Like it more than RFTS but not as much as WP. Overall though very satisified with the album. Lots of killer tracks but I do feel they released the best tracks first (Catholic Girls, Sins, and Miles Away). Still "Knives", "I Am Pathetic", and "Anchor" are stand outs. I honestly like the rougher vocals and hope they stick with it.

Agreed. The album is pretty exhausting to listen to. I think I like the songs, but the sequencing really throws me off. War Paint had such an awesome mix of RFTS type singing and AJ's shouty vocals. Too much in this release.