Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

What is with people inflating that price with 6 days of bidding left jesus.

By 2014 I would've assumed that most people know how to bid on eBay. 90% of the auctions I watch will receive bids in the last 30 seconds, without fail. I've seen listings go untouched for six days (at $0.99) and then explode in the last minute. But this just reaffirms that there are still people out there who still have very little idea of what they're doing on that site.

What is with people inflating that price with 6 days of bidding left jesus. 

The "I want it more than anyone else so I'm going to bid a stupid amount of money on this to give myself security and satisfaction that no one else will match my bids" mentality. 

Or some people that the seller knows bidding up the price to make it seem like there's a bid war.

I think some people genuinely believe that the winner of an auction is determined by who accrues the most time as the top bidder, for the duration of the listing.

Seriously, I've missed out on a couple things because people know how to bid, but it's just Lol-worthy/frustrating to see it exponentially rise on the first day of auction. 

By 2014 I would've assumed that most people know how to bid on eBay. 90% of the auctions I watch will receive bids in the last 30 seconds, without fail. I've seen listings go untouched for six days (at $0.99) and then explode in the last minute. But this just reaffirms that there are still people out there who still have very little idea of what they're doing on that site.

I think it's more so people dropping their maximum bids and then tapping out as opposed to an actual "bid war" that  occurs during the final minute of an auction. 

Someone probably dropped $70-80 as a maximum bid and every time someone tries to throw one in it gets bumped up.

I'm also talking out of my ass so who knows :P

I think it's more so people dropping their maximum bids and then tapping out as opposed to an actual "bid war" that  occurs during the final minute of an auction. 

Someone probably dropped $70-80 as a maximum bid and every time someone tries to throw one in it gets bumped up.

I'm also talking out of my ass so who knows :P

Oh yeah, that's almost exactly what happens.  Not all the time, but I've definitely seen it.  A large bid early on in the auction, so the listing remains dormant with 1 bid and what appears to be $0.99... only to have a flurry of offers being outbid in the final moment.  There have been a few items in the past that I tried to snipe at the last second, only to find out that the bid that's been sitting for nearly a week was way [way] higher than I was willing to go.  Always a bummer, but that's the name of the game.  Another plus to that last second bid is that it doesn't give me time to consider foolishly spending more than I should.  If it's not in the cards, it's simply not meant to be.