PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

What makes something 1st press? If the black vinyl wasn't available until both the solid color and splatter vinyl weren't being sold any more, according to this logic that would be the 3rd pressing right?

I always assumed anything sold prior to it's actual release date would be considered the first pressing. The Carcass Surgical Steel thread from awhile back on here had me totally confused. On that it shows 13 different colors ranging between 1st to 3rd pressing while still in the pre-order stage.

I just think it's odd that if an album is re-pressed two years after it's initial release, that would be considered a 3rd, 4th or whatever pressing instead of its 2nd.

When it's released has nothing to do with if something is considered a first press or second press.  Deafheaven - Sunbather, for example, received a second press within two or three months (I think) of it's release.

My understanding on what is considered a first press (and I could not be quite right on this), is that any variant made during the initial pressing run is the first pressing.  Variants that are made afterwards would be second, third and so on.

I don't really think there are a strict set of rules on this either and the label can call it what they want.  If Southern Lord wants to call 'splatter' the second pressing, then I guess it's the second pressing.

half way through listening to the stream of this.

nice to hear these guys come back to life.

thus far: the equivalent of rubbing tapatio on your scro.

pretty rad how the drummer fucking owns it this time around. "deny the absolute" is his song. rad.

will def pick up, regardless of the color or pressing.

Guest Justin Maheiny

My understanding on what is considered a first press (and I could not be quite right on this), is that any variant made during the initial pressing run is the first pressing.  Variants that are made afterwards would be second, third and so on.

Ya, I agree. That's what I meant to type in my previous post but I goofed it all up.

Any thing pressed prior to the initial release date would be considered the first press. Apparently shit done changed.

Got shipping confirmation earlier today for the splatterz vinyl second press. Apparently the first vinyl pressing arrived at my parents a few weeks ago. The Ho and I (that's seriously her last name) bought a townhouse so all my records I've had sent to my parents. They're coming down Sunday so it's going to be like Christmas! So many packages...teehee.

Got shipping confirmation earlier today for the splatterz vinyl second press. Apparently the first vinyl pressing arrived at my parents a few weeks ago. The Ho and I (that's seriously her last name) bought a townhouse so all my records I've had sent to my parents. They're coming down Sunday so it's going to be like Christmas! So many packages...teehee.

hell yeah sail hatan :rolleyes:

Anyone ever have to go through the process of getting a damaged disc replaced through SL? Curious how the process went.

oh no, man, sorry! Hope that goes well, keep us posted. I would think they'd be responsive. 

Mine seems to be stuck in the Hellvue, CA processing/shipment center. Probably playing frisbee with the box, or field goal practice...

They've been responsive, but last contact I had with them was early in the week confirming the parts of the release that are damaged. Now I'm not sure if I should wait and the replacement will just show up in the post or if I should make sure they got my response if I don't hear anything by next week. I just hate bugging labels/people.

They've been responsive, but last contact I had with them was early in the week confirming the parts of the release that are damaged. Now I'm not sure if I should wait and the replacement will just show up in the post or if I should make sure they got my response if I don't hear anything by next week. I just hate bugging labels/people.

I've been ordering from them since they started. I've had I believe two problems over the years and they took care of everything rather quickly. They can sometimes be a tad slow on email response times though. Are you sending your emails to customerservicewarrior@? Lastly, I know they have a new guy taking care of the mail order stuff as the last guy is doing other things now (he was awesome). 

Got mine in the mail today.  Everything about it is well done.  The packaging is nice and heavy duty and the vinyl looks and sounds great.  I think this might be my favorite Pelican album since Fire in Our Throats.

Also, Southern Lord knows how to ship an LP.  I'd gladly pay a little extra for shipping if more labels used corner protectors.