PO: Pelican - Forever Becoming

I enjoy the new album about as much as the last full length, like a 7/10. each has a few songs I love, and a couple I skip. I can't even tell that the other guitarist left, even though he apparently did a lot of the writing. this band's best works are likely behind them, but their newer output is still great, and I'll continue supporting them.

Guest Justin Maheiny

I think the recording on this album is the best they've sounded.  The guitar sound is pretty damn sick and even the clean bass parts sound really good.  The sound of the bass guitar on some of the parts in City of Echoes made me cringe.  None of that here.

Guest Justin Maheiny

Agreed. Production on this is top notch. Ephemeral is similar though!

Spot on man. You're totally right. I spaced on this and was thinking Australasia had their toughest guitar sound until Forever Becoming. Big ups for making me listen to Ephermeral again. :)

I'm holding out on listening til I get the record. That's becoming hard, especially with the praise the album has been receiving. Pelican has let to let me down so I'm sure I'll love this album.

I remember 'What We All Come to Need' getting some flak back when it dropped but I love that album. Sweetens the deal that Allen Epley sang on the last track.  

I'm holding out on listening til I get the record. That's becoming hard, especially with the praise the album has been receiving. Pelican has let to let me down so I'm sure I'll love this album.

I remember 'What We All Come to Need' getting some flak back when it dropped but I love that album. Sweetens the deal that Allen Epley sang on the last track.  

Same here. I like waiting until I get the wax to listen. Loved WWACTN, too, and especially the last track.