PO: Balance And Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

For sure. I had to sell that because it was, imo, unlistenable. I don't think I'll be selling this one until a repress with some form of assurance of better quality.

Yeah, i'll probably do the same. I do love the color scheme of this whole first pressing though. I hate not actually listening to this spin--I bout burned a hole in my sunfire split of separation.

Like, I mean, I noticed the surface noise on mine but it wasn't really that distracting or anything. Just noticeable. I mean maybe others are worse.

Same here. Mine was a bit crackley, but on the whole it was still very listenable and not overpowering. Definitely noticed it the most in the first two tracks.

I'll go back and listen to it again to see.

I checked out the documentary between classes today. It's pretty interesting. Lot's of stuff about the writing process for this record that I didn't know. Then it has your typical in-studio interviews, stock footage of the band recording, the guys goofing off, etc. So all in all, worth watching.

yeah mine is the worst in the beginning of track 3 back of your head. do you think there is anyway they would switch to a 2 lp format for the 2nd press? I mean, it would be nice.. Will Yip and that teaser interview hyped up the sound quality so much for this record and then the surface  noise basically blocks it all out.

Listened to this three times now. Twice on my turntable and once digital. The surface noise on my record is really bad, which is unfortunate. Tried cleaning it and it didn't help at all.

As far as the music goes, what does everyone think? I had super high expectations for this record (especially after the last split came out with Braid) and while I don't dislike the record by any means, I haven't found a song yet that grabs me and pulls me in like "You Can't Fix Me" or "I Tore You Apart In My Head". Separation (and the earlier work) grabbed me immediately, this one is gonna need some more time I think.

Listened to this three times now. Twice on my turntable and once digital. The surface noise on my record is really bad, which is unfortunate. Tried cleaning it and it didn't help at all.

As far as the music goes, what does everyone think? I had super high expectations for this record (especially after the last split came out with Braid) and while I don't dislike the record by any means, I haven't found a song yet that grabs me and pulls me in like "You Can't Fix Me" or "I Tore You Apart In My Head". Separation (and the earlier work) grabbed me immediately, this one is gonna need some more time I think.

This album is strong, but definitely a grower. I felt the same way, looking out for songs that really hooked me at first but couldn't find any. I could sit here and whine about the production but I won't. 

I haven't found a song yet that grabs me and pulls me in like "You Can't Fix Me" or "I Tore You Apart In My Head". Separation (and the earlier work) grabbed me immediately, this one is gonna need some more time I think.

I felt the same exact way (as I stated a few pages back). I've given it a few more listens and I fell in love. I still think Cut Me Open is bad, but the rest is incredible.