PO: Balance And Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

Well I finally got mine today. Won't have a chance to listen to it until tonight, but now you guys have me worried this is gonna sound like shit. I got the opaque red.

In no way will it sound like "shit" (it might get close during Dirty Head), but it can definitely be distracting. When the record gets loud (aka, most of it) it sounds great.

To me, this band has gotten better with every release. The 2 full-lenths blow away everything else they have done and I enjoy the splits and the EP but Separation and TTWTWM are just unbelievable start to finish.

I looked at the play counts on my ipod last nite for this album and I've already listened to it like 80 times. I really haven't listened to anything else since I got it.

Went in to hot topic today and as Travis suggested, I asked if they could look in the back. They brought out two, so if anyone in the Bakersfield area is interested in the ht variant they have one left. I played the CD all the way home. Didn't disappoint. Enemy is a jammer.

Just finished my very first listen of this (in general, along with on vinyl).

First... the album is absolutely incredible.  Without a doubt my favorite thing they've done so far.  I can definitely see this being a possible AOTY for me.

As for how the vinyl sounds.  Like I said, I got the opaque red, and I guess I was lucky enough to get a copy that is tolerable.  There's definitely a subtle crackling noise throughout, but definitely not enough to make it un-listenable.  "Dirty Head" actually sounded pretty great on mine.  A little noisy at the beginning but then it went away.

Received my haze variant yesterday. I gave it a quick clean because of what everyone else has said. Side A had some surface noise, but definitely hit a few spots that were crisp. Most of side B seemed to have some noise all around. Definitely going to give it a thorough clean and see if it improves!