The White Album #A0000001 for sale anybody here super rich ?

The Beatles weren't a boy band in the modern since. They were, absolutely, a group of good looking guys who wrote pop songs that were marketed to girls. But, their first UK album, Please Please Me, 10 of the 14 songs were recorded in one day. That's an impressive feat in any period and some of those songs are classics.

The Beatles suck a bowl of British dicks and here's why. If they were still around Fall Out Boy would likely be opening for them. They were delightfully unthreatening and endogenous yet somewhat foreign. Their songs were emotional on a candy coated soft level. They were main stream for teenagers that were a tiny bit rebellious but not ready to be part of any scene. The Rolling Stones were better at singing about sex, The Velvet Underground was better at singing about drugs, and The Who was better at rock n' roll and being wierdly British. That being said, I understand why people worship them; folks are easily fooled by horseshit. That's my take, if you don't like it I could care less.

The Beatles suck a bowl of British dicks and here's why. If they were still around Fall Out Boy would likely be opening for them. They were delightfully unthreatening and endogenous yet somewhat foreign. Their songs were emotional on a candy coated soft level. They were main stream for teenagers that were a tiny bit rebellious but not ready to be part of any scene. The Rolling Stones were better at singing about sex, The Velvet Underground was better at singing about drugs, and The Who was better at rock n' roll and being wierdly British. That being said, I understand why people worship them; folks are easily fooled by horseshit. That's my take, if you don't like it I could care less.

Ironically, the only accurate part of that post is the part where you said you could care less.

The Beatles were a very, very good band. That's not subjective; that's objective.

Ironically, the only accurate part of that post is the part where you said you could care less.

The Beatles were a very, very good band. That's not subjective; that's objective.

I thought the only ironic part was your wish that if they were still a "band" that Fall Out Boy was opening for them. Sorry to foil your dream concert.

that was pretty funny. were they always that snarky?

Yeah, especially during the middle and end of Beatlemania.

Certainly worth noting that they started in 1960 and were a gigging band for two years before releasing Please Please Me. They certainly loved the hysteria of 'mania but it grew tiresome quickly. The stuff written for them in A Hard Day's Night was right along with the answers they gave in real interviews.

For someone who isn't sure if they like them, that's a huge chunk of change.

Says the person who says the only time I'd want the first couple albums is when I eventually drop even more money to get the MFSL box set...

Protip: don't drop more money on the MoFi box, completely avoid the new box, and drop LESS money on the blue box! The only thing that will best that are mint UK 1st pressings, and good luck getting your hands on those inexpensively.

It took me years to get all 1st pressings, whereas you can instantly get a box of all the albums in mint condition for less than 2 bills, and they're pretty much going to be 99% as good as the best originals. In fact, some blue boxes are even known to use original 1st press stampers, rendering them identical for all intents and purposes.

Source: I like the Beatles.

Yeah, especially during the middle and end of Beatlemania.

Certainly worth noting that they started in 1960 and were a gigging band for two years before releasing Please Please Me. They certainly loved the hysteria of 'mania but it grew tiresome quickly. The stuff written for them in A Hard Day's Night was right along with the answers they gave in real interviews.

trolling before it was trolling.

perhaps i will give them another chance. i got nothing to do today but make sure my neighbor doesn't drop any trees onto my property (why you would buy a wooded lot and then cut all the trees down i do not know) and watch yankees/sox at 8.

Wow. This thread.

It's one thing to have bad taste. But must you shove your bad taste in everyone's face while you clap yourself on the back? It makes you look like you want a medal for not loving something universally beloved and it's kinda obnoxious. 

I haven't read a single good reason why anyone doesn't like The Beatles. "I don't like it" is the closest, and if that's honestly true (and you've honestly given them a chance, fine) but I suspect people who say "I don't like it" haven't really tried to listen to them because of preconceived notions, like "they're old," or "they're bubblegum nonsense" or "ewww pop music" or "they're not threatening enough!" As if good music has to be "threatening." What the hell does that mean? Do some fans of music not really appreciate good hooks? Clever lyrics? Catchy choruses? Sweeping musical evolution? Is your cool card going to be revoked if you happen to listen to music with pop music trappings?

The thing that really drives me crazy is the whole "before my time" bullshit argument. You know what? Everything worth a damn is before your time. Chocolate chip cookies are before your time. Ice cream, puppies, Shakespeare? All before your time. There's a reason why people still love all that stuff.