Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

TFP

I will reserve any hatin' until I actually see the movie. Yes, it may be a very odd choice but who's to say that he will not do good at it.

And thefavoriteplay, good reference to Hollywoodland. Affleck did well as portraying George Reeves as the original Superman. It was a great movie as well.

And yeah, about Daredevil since it's being mentioned. I may be in the very small minority who actually liked and enjoyed it. It's not as horrible as people make it out to be. Usually when I ask those nay-sayers what's bad about it, they don't offer up much logical reasons.

I agree with some people saying Daredevil was pretty good. I liked it! I just (personally) can't stand when (in this case) Ben Affleck has played a prominent hero in Daredevil and now (after he said never again) he gets chosen for Batman.

I thought of this while driving today, I wonder if he even screen-tested or did he get the role because of past success?

I also would be interested, since he is friends with Kevin Smith, with Kevin giving some helpful advice on the Bat-Voice etc.

Afflecks just not a badass. Chasing Amy/Good Will Hunting/the Town were all good movies despite his involvement. And Daredevil.....even with a good script Afflecks not pullin it off.

And its not about nerd rage at all with me. He reminds me of every pompous, jock type I've ever come across since junior high. And I USE to adore Jennifer Garner. So yeah maybee a lil personnel...maybe.

Haven't seen Argo yet (will eventually) hear its pretty darn good. Guessing he only got the batman role because of argos success.

^malonekw

Fair point. I was not one of those naysayers. Nor do i remember that debate. I've liked ledger ever since 10 things I hate about you. Honestly i hope it all works out. At the end of the day im just a fan of great movies and want to be entertained! There's just soo many other choices that could have been made imho.

^malonekw

Fair point. I was not one of those naysayers. Nor do i remember that debate. I've liked ledger ever since 10 things I hate about you. Honestly i hope it all works out. At the end of the day im just a fan of great movies and want to be entertained! There's just soo many other choices that could have been made imho.

i hear you. there really wasn't a debate, just downright hate lol 

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/5/22/the-internets-reaction-to-heath-ledger-being-cast-as-the-jok.html

Afflecks just not a badass. Chasing Amy/Good Will Hunting/the Town were all good movies despite his involvement. And Daredevil.....even with a good script Afflecks not pullin it off.

And its not about nerd rage at all with me. He reminds me of every dbag, pompous, jock type I've ever come across since junior high. And I USE to adore Jennifer Garner. So yeah maybee a lil personnel...maybe.

He made a comment once when dating G. Paltrow comparing her personality to that of a fat chick. Forget the specifics. (Its been 15 yrs?) It was pretty bad. Never cared much for him before that and diff not after. Guess I just appreciate woman too much to respect him much at all.

Haven't seen Argo yet (will eventually) hear its pretty darn good. Guessing he only got the batman role because of argos success.

Lets be real- there's nothing good to be said about Paltrow.

And yeah, this movie was going to suck regardless of casting.

I'm kinda vexed on the daredevil comparisons, it's just a weak argument. He has definitely improved since then. Same with the Heath ledger mantra that seems to be trying to consol the Internet fanbase. That was Heath ledger. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd compare their acting abilities, there's just no argument.

this just seems so damn underwhelming and uninspired. I'm sure it will be alright, I just hope whoever they cast as Luthor brings it, because affleck is boring as hell to watch. Stoked for Henry as Clark though.

In my opinion this is NOT the same thing as Ledger/Joker. Personally I liked Heath before the casting of him as Joker, I just wasn't too sure how a new Joker could be portrayed and there were a lot of unknowns at the time. Ben Affleck is ..... Ben Affleck and I see him mostly as Ben Affleck and I wish they could have gotten a relative no-name again. I just don't like the thought of (maybe) 4 films with Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne.