Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

TFP

I dont get doomsday in the movie... in my mind this should be the end of superman, right?

Meh, Pretty standard super hero plot..

Superman is ambivilant about his place in the world. He wants to protect mankind, but is frustrated with the pettiness and violence. He is also unsure how to handle the god-worship. His faith in humanity's ability to govern itself is waning.

Batman is uncomfortable with the amount of power and influence Superman has. He feels that Superman's contempt for humanity is growing and that someone needs to step in and remind him who is in charge.

After a bit of territorial pissing, they get into it. Superman does some eye-rolling but eventually gets annoyed enough and the gloves come off.

Enter Doomsday. Heroes get beat down. Batman formulates a strategy and makes some sort of suicide play to enable Superman to save the day.

Everybody retreats to their corner with a grudging respect and tentative understanding paving the way for eventual bromance and handjobs.

Oh, and hey, Wonder Woman is hot. Who is she going to sleep with?

The End.

So, am I the only one who thinks this looks like hot garbage? I can't figure out the tone after all the other trailers made it look super DARK, but now Lex seems like he stepped out of Jarrett's Room.

I'm hoping the way Lex was acting during that party scene was out of context given how serious he sounds in his voice over parts.

I'm hoping the way Lex was acting during that party scene was out of context given how serious he sounds in his voice over parts.

Yeah, same here. It was one scene where we only saw one bit, out of context.

Remember the small monologue / voice over he had in that one teaser from a while back? He sounded dark in that one.

I like how at first the majority bitched about Batfleck on social media and now he's one of the few things people actually don't mind about this movie.

It could still be a good film but there seems to be a lot going on ... and that trailer spoiled way too much.

According to a lot of trailer reviews that I've read the whole

Doomsday thing was one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood. Either I did a really good job avoiding that or had completely blocked it out because my reaction was definitely "well fuck that would've been cool to find out while watching the actual movie".

Doomsday looks strange to me. 

I guess Smallville already did a comic-accurate look for the villain. 

Man, Smallville - they had some really good characters - Michael Rosenbaum's Lex is the best on screen! 

Smallville was awesome. Probably my #2 all time. The Doomsday storyarc was the best one.

It's hard to say what's comic-accurate given that the artists all draw things different (unless you want to say the first drawing sets what is accurate). The Smallville Doomsday didn't have hair, which he often does in comics and cartoons.

DO NOT WATCH THE LATEST TRAILER. Spoils the whole plot. Ugh. So sad right now.

seriously..

kind of shocked with how much plot they blew here. 

this

Doomsday looks like a 'roided-out Orc.

And is it being eluded that Luthor turns General Zod (his corpse at least) into Doomsday?!?! Pfffffffft...if so, very weak plot twist.

the same company (Weta) who did the hobbit and LOTR did Doomsday...so not far off

To me the trailer looks like an SNL short of "let's make an epic movie look epic with epic voiceover and epic people talking epic and moving epic and standing epic and epic". So over the top that it doesn't fit with the tone and the few attempts at humor fall between flat and awkward.

Then again, the direction they chose to go in became completely obvious when they released images of the urban suicide ghetto squad.