Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25, 2016

TFP

I might be in the minority, but I thought Man of Steel was great. Very excited for this.

Right there with you. 

So after Snyder said this will be a direct sequel, I am curious to see how they will introduce Batman and why he is present.

I really dislike DC jumping the gun here. I understand DC is trying to play catch up with Marvel, especially since Green Lantern really putting them behind, so putting together their 2 most renowned characters may seem like a slam dunk for them, but I'm still very skeptical about this. 

^Yup. They're really deserving the butthurt "zzzzzzzzzz" these days.

Btw...do you walk through life a complete asshole or just on the Internet? Im assuming it bleeds into all aspects.

Yeah...actually, I'm one of those "complete assholes", catcing prissy fucks like you offguard IRL on a daily basis while the rest of us enjoy life. Deal with it.

Nice to hear people who "think they are in the minority" speaking their minds about enjoying Man of Steel. In fact I have a bunch of people I know not even interested in superheros who thought Man of Steel was an amazing rout of cinemetography not ever seen in theatres. BTW if you can still see Man of Steel in 3D the last scenes where he's flying through the buildings and you're there with him is fuckin' revolutionary. Best 3D cinematography thus far when it comes to paying an extra $3 for the glasses (I didn't want to but the girlfriend pressured me and she was right).

Fuck your comic book bullshit, we're watching movies.

Yeah...actually, I'm one of those "complete assholes", catcing prissy fucks like you offguard IRL on a daily basis while the rest of us enjoy life. Deal with it.

Nice to hear people who "think they are in the minority" speaking their minds about enjoying Man of Steel. In fact I have a bunch of people I know not even interested in superheros who thought Man of Steel was an amazing rout of cinemetography not ever seen in theatres. BTW if you can still see Man of Steel in 3D the last scenes where he's flying through the buildings and you're there with him is fuckin' revolutionary. Best 3D cinematography thus far when it comes to paying an extra $3 for the glasses (I didn't want to but the girlfriend pressured me and she was right).

uh, there can only be one asshole on here, so you might as well get the fuck outta here while the gettin' still good

Comic book nerds complain about every comic book movie.  If you think it's going to suck don't fucking watch it.  Plain and simple.

Maybe Zack Snyder thinks you're ruining the internet with all of your complaining.

I was saying Superman as a character sucks. He's not even a man for one. He should be called Superalien. Plus he has no good villains and his life/love stories are bland and boring. There's no struggles with anything. He has one weakness. It's lame. It makes for no character driven stories at all.

I was saying Superman as a character sucks. He's not even a man for one. He should be called Superalien. Plus he has no good villains and his life/love stories are bland and boring. There's no struggles with anything. He has one weakness. It's lame. It makes for no character driven stories at all.

This with the exception of Death of Superman and the story arc in which he lost his powers.

I say this probably everytime a Superman topic comes up but Smallville killed it with Superman (and the entire justice league). Used many of the better villians that the movie makers seem afraid to use (bizzaro, brainiac, Doomsday, Darkseid, etc).

But I guess that is a little but of an unfair comparison because they 1) didn't let him fly and 2) skirted around a lot of the issues that make full on superman stories difficult (like the whole putting on glasses and hiding out as Clark Kent idea).

But on the most basic level I guess my point is, that Superman can be done well because it has been before.

i've never really cared for superman. but when i first saw the man of stell trailer before dark knight rises last year, i was turned on. i thought it looked fantastic, and i opted to completely avoid reading anything about it before seeing it in theaters.

that shit fucking sucked. it was nothing but a CGI fap-fest (graaahhhh i'm gonna throw you into this building! ahhhhh now i'm gonna throw you into THIS building!), and the audience wasn't given a fucking chance to just follow the movie. pretty much every scene was recapped in the one that followed.

is anyone else just not ready for another batman to be on the big screen yet? i feel like there needs to be a longer grace period following the trilogy so we can all catch our breath.

I get where your coming from. I've read the graphic novel like a dozen times, but I've learned to like the movie for what it is. I think it was faithful enough to confuse people who hadn't read it, but changed enough to piss off die hard fans.

Alan Moore is also basically a bitter curmudgeon who hates everything. So his opinion doesn't really matter to me.

I respect Alan for that but I suppose I can be that way myself. The Watchmen film was fucking horrid though. Hands down some of the worst casting I have ever seen. Pretty much the only believable actor was Jackie Earle Haley and that was still bad.

Maybe you've missed it but I am pretty successful at making movies for a living. They might be documentaries but i get story as its the basis of everything i do. This story, and its structure, was a mess. I love comic book movies and im all for creative license with existing properties but i am 100% against lazy story telling and this film was among the laziest. I saw it in 3D and no effect could mask how putrid this story was.

Mike - i agree that Smallville is very worthwhile. I wrote it off for years but went back and discovered how terrific it is.

As to your rebellion and overall attitude you've said it all and then some. We've had plenty of dicks mistaking being an ass for being punk over the years. You'll disappear with the rest sooner or later.

Movies about comics. Go watch the Sex and the City movies or something.

Edit: I don't know why I chose to read your posts in this thread. My fault. You are the worst and even make Teenage Eric look like the best person on my ignore list.

I respect Alan for that but I suppose I can be that way myself. The Watchmen film was fucking horrid though. Hands down some of the worst casting I have ever seen. Pretty much the only believable actor was Jackie Earle Haley and that was still bad.

I really wanted it to be good and feel i should watch it again but haven't. I feel in many ways they tried too hard to oblige the book and that hurt it as a movie. Now, Sin City was a very direct adaptation and it worked brilliantly. 300 was as well. Similar to Watchmen i thought From Hell tried too hard to stick to the book and created a boring mess.

I will say i am damn glad to have more comic movies being made.

It should be a significantly different look to batman now that he is part of the justice league and needs to coexist in a world of super powered beings.

I'm fine with it. Spider-Man reboot was pretty good and they didn't waste any time there.

I hated the Spider-Man reboot. Way too soon to do one and it was very bland

I hated the Spider-Man reboot. Way too soon to do one and it was very bland

My opinion was that it was a solid flick but you can split the movie into two halves -- the origin story which has been told very recently (pretty much up until Ben dies) and the new material. I wish they had spent less time on the origin given that it had been told so recently, but there's a trade-off between acknowledging that that story had been done recently but still owing spidey a decent introduction.

Comparing this to Batman (at least in the man of steel sequel, who knows about after) they aren't telling his origin all over again. He is already in full-on Batman mode, and just used to support the Superman storyline (I'm assuming here, but seems like a decent assumption given that it is a superman movie). There is so much more out there with Batman that as long as they don't retell the same stories, I think it will be fine.