PO: Moving Mountains - Moving Mountains

obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but how can you not get through Pneuma?!  it's a masterpiece in my opinion haha.  waves was good, but it just felt like a different band.

I agree with you and tried to respond to those two gentlemen as nice as possible while scratching my head. Although In my opinion, Pneuma, Foreword, Waves, and New Light were all masterpieces...

Yeahhhh I love it. Also, this interview with Greg explains the direction this album has gone in. We have now also confirmed there will be no screaming.

http://propertyofzack.com/post/58726164438/poz-interview-moving-mountains

He seems like such a cool guy. I really do everything about what I've heard of this new record. I just want to get it in my hands and get a full listen. So then I can listen to it all on repeat for a month haha

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm starting to feel like there are so many missed opportunities. Awesome build ups with little payoff.

That said, I do enjoy a lot of this and will definitely reserve judgement until I've heard the whole record.

That's smart of you, the album will at least be slightly different than the studio versions we're hearing in these videos.

Damn I'd kill to hear that haha

How different are the studio versions compared to the live recordings?  I've heard that they're pretty different and have a lot more to them.

I haven't really paid attention to the live recordings that much, I need to relisten. From what I've heard, it's definitely a more "full" sound. 

Just listening to the newest one and the recorded version, the vocals are far more prominent than the live video.

I was actually really hoping that was the case.  I like the understated vocals on Pneuma but Greg's voice is so good when he's not screaming or yelling (which he doesn't seem to do much if at all on this album).  So I think having the vocals more prominent for this kind of style would work well

The fact that they skipped Under A Falling Sky isn't surprising, it's just an acoustic track mostly with some piano and some eerie electronics and stuff. 

The middle section is probably the most energetic and best part of the album. Eastern Leaves when Evan comes in with the whole band is just amazing.

Hudson is probably the closest to the heavier Waves sound.