10/23  San Diego, CA – House of Blues
10/25  Pomona, CA – Fox Theater
10/26  Las Vegas, NV – House of Blues
10/28  Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
10/29  Reno, NV – Knitting Factory
10/31  Portland, OR  - Roseland Theatre
11/1  Seattle, WA –  The Showbox at the Market
11/2  Vancouver, BC – The Commodore Ballroom

I am finally gonna be able to see these guys! 

Why the TLA? Seriously the worst Philly venue

The Electric Factory is pretty bad too which is where they last played in 2009. They are always fucking up the sound. Looking at the setlists from the 2010 tour will probably just go see Obits at JB's instead. Not a single pre-Sing the Sorrow song was played on their last tour and they only played a couple of older songs + their Dag Nasty cover at their Electric Factory show. 

I know they played "ny-quil" at the mpls show when supporting Crash Love, so they at least occasionally play old songs.  that said, I'd doubt that they'd play too many songs from the pre-jade days

and afi seems a little too big to play at the varsity theater in mpls, but maybe I'm just living in the past... if I weren't moving to columbia, mo in two weeks, I'd totally be at that show

Not a single pre-Sing the Sorrow song was played on their last tour

oof.

I saw them on the 2001 warped tour, and then once at the Axis...I think around the time Sing the Sorrow came out.

my one vivid memory from their set at the warped tour was that it was SUPER hot out, and the lead singer said something to get people to drink water... "we're all dying out here. we're all humans, and we're dying because of the sun... drink some water so you don't die." (egregious douchy paraphrasing)

I had no idea anybody cared about these guys post 2004.

but, hey, have fun.

I'll be going. Although Art of Drowning was their last solid album (my opinion anyway), they do put on a good live show. My wife is still a huge fan so I have to go regardless. We saw them right after sing the sorrow came out and we weren't disappointed. I'm sure we'll have fun after a few beers.

Philly show is 37.50 after fees. Livenation can burn in hell.

I am not sure how close you live to South St., but go to the box office and pay no fees. The little bastard behind the booth tried making me pay fees for The Specials show when I picked them up about a month back, but after he saw I had the exact amount he said "it was ok" so you may or may not have this same problem. In either event, they advertise surcharge fee tickets. 

I am not sure how close you live to South St., but go to the box office and pay no fees. The little bastard behind the booth tried making me pay fees for The Specials show when I picked them up about a month back, but after he saw I had the exact amount he said "it was ok" so you may or may not have this same problem. In either event, they advertise surcharge fee tickets.

I think they have fee free tickets the day they go on sale only. In the past there were no box office fees, but now I think that they're just lower. So dumb.

I doubt I'll go if I have to pay $10 in fees. I'll make a final decision once I've seen what they'll be playing on the tour, and if I like the new album. Already seen them once so it's not like I "need" to see them or anything.

Been to the TLA once and never the Electric Factory, but I've heard the Electric Factory is the worst Philly venue. I had no problems with the TLA when I saw Andrew WK, but I was also too busy partying to make judgements about the place.

I've always wanted to see AFI, but I feel about a decade late on this one. Might go anyways though. Mainly to see Touche Amore at this point. If AFI plays some pre-STS stuff, it will be fun. 

They most likely won't play much from those eras. At least not during this time in their career. Luckily, when I saw them at the last Warped Tour they played (07 I think?), they played many songs from STS, some from AOD, and even closed with Total Immortal. It was horrible though because the vocals went out constantly, and something was fucked up with Jade's setup... then on top of that some kid broke his neck. THEN it started to rain heavy. Still, it was great to see a band I've always loved and always will no matter what. 

It's hard to imagine TA on huge stages with huge monster looking equipment... good for them but it's just way odd to me. Should this be a hint that the new AFI is going to be as heavy as ever? 

i haven't seen these guys in over 10 years, and i think it's best to keep my memories in the past.

first time i saw them was on the black sails tour, then i caught them again for AOD, both shows were great.

then i went to two separate tours for sing the sorrow, both of which kinda bummed me out, aside from getting to see coheed and thursday.

since then they've put out two albums that i really didn't care for, and i doubt i will care for this new one, either.

the pageant is a huge venue, and i'm sure the tickets will be pricy.

i'm just not interested in this at all.