PO: Tigers Jaw - Charmer

I'm really glad they got this record out. I was bummed when Tigers Jaw broke up, I caught them live a couple times, once in an apt in Brooklyn right after s/t and another time with Snowing at one of the CUNY schools, they sounded really good. I heard about that band for the first time on this board I think. Pretty stoked to get this and play it. 

I'm really glad they got this record out. I was bummed when Tigers Jaw broke up, I caught them live a couple times, once in an apt in Brooklyn right after s/t and another time with Snowing at one of the CUNY schools, they sounded really good. I heard about that band for the first time on this board I think. Pretty stoked to get this and play it. 

They never broke up. 

If they were signed to Pure Noise maybe. PN is notorious for repressing albums when older variants are still readily available. But if they do manage to run through all 10,000 copies by fall I will be thoroughly impressed.

Just because Pure Noise has copies of the first press of a record doesn't mean they have enough to give the band, or their distributor, or hot topic or whoever else. I assume thats why they repress records before they're out of them in their store. Sometimes Hot Topic will order 1000 copies of a record, so if you have 500 its completely worth it to repress to meet that demand. 

The reason we pressed so many records is this: In February we pressed 4,500 Modern Baseball LP's and sold every copy in 2 months. This led to the band not having copies on the end of the biggest tour they've ever done, and that sucks. Also, getting a distribution deal with ADA has really opened a lot of doors for us to try to actually sell more significant numbers, so we're sort of going for it. Perhaps we'll flood the market and records will sit in stores for too long, or maybe we'll get rid of them all in a few months, but either way the band is going to have copies for a while, and we're not going to be left wondering how much better we could have done if we didn't run out.

You will also see us repressing stuff in much higher quantities (like the repress of Colourmeinkindness that went up yesterday). It makes no sense to repress this stuff in 500 or 1000 quantities because we'll just keep having to repress it which is a huge waste of time.

Just because Pure Noise has copies of the first press of a record doesn't mean they have enough to give the band, or their distributor, or hot topic or whoever else. I assume thats why they repress records before they're out of them in their store. Sometimes Hot Topic will order 1000 copies of a record, so if you have 500 its completely worth it to repress to meet that demand. 

The reason we pressed so many records is this: In February we pressed 4,500 Modern Baseball LP's and sold every copy in 2 months. This led to the band not having copies on the end of the biggest tour they've ever done, and that sucks. Also, getting a distribution deal with ADA has really opened a lot of doors for us to try to actually sell more significant numbers, so we're sort of going for it. Perhaps we'll flood the market and records will sit in stores for too long, or maybe we'll get rid of them all in a few months, but either way the band is going to have copies for a while, and we're not going to be left wondering how much better we could have done if we didn't run out.

You will also see us repressing stuff in much higher quantities (like the repress of Colourmeinkindness that went up yesterday). It makes no sense to repress this stuff in 500 or 1000 quantities because we'll just keep having to repress it over and over and over again. 

So is this a no on exclusive tour copy?

Congrats on ADA, RFC is makin waves

Just googled ADA - that's a really cool opportunity for the label, Jeff.  I'm glad things are going forward in such a positive way for RFC.

Thanks! Seeing our name on this list of labels is pretty crazy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_Distribution_Alliance

Now only if we had a wikipedia page!