Pentimento Vinyl Releases

Sounds like typical P+P to me. Check any of the old threads when they have a sale, they usually go from from "sweet, I got so many good deals!" to "All my stuff arrived damaged" as soon as people's orders trickle in. 

It's unfortunate that this seems to be a common occurrence with them. What's the point of putting out records, especially awesome ones like this one, if you're not going to ship them properly?

It's unfortunate that this seems to be a common occurrence with them. What's the point of putting out records, especially awesome ones like this one, if you're not going to ship them properly?

I don't get it either. It happens way to often with P+P. I also wonder what happened to that Thomas guy that worked for them (maybe he still does?) He used to post here a decent amount but would catch a lot of flack for the shit P+P does all the time. Maybe he just couldn't take it anymore haha.

I don't get it either. It happens way to often with P+P. I also wonder what happened to that Thomas guy that worked for them (maybe he still does?) He used to post here a decent amount but would catch a lot of flack for the shit P+P does all the time. Maybe he just couldn't take it anymore haha.

Ask him on twitter: @ThomasNassiff

Also, apparently that's my answer to everything in this thread.

Just got an email from P+P with an update for those who ordered the hand-screened limited jacket variant.

Dear Pentimento Hand-Screened Jacket Preorder Customers, 

Just a quick update regarding the status of these orders. The jackets in this packaging are hand-screened by P+P employees in our warehouse with a burnt screen that we receive from…a guy who makes those things. There was a problem with the first screen we received so we had to get another made, and that will be arriving Friday. We are hoping to have all these orders shipped out by the followingFriday (5/24).

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please email [email protected] if you have a question or concern.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a picture of it on Instagram and I wasn't too impressed.  It just felt very underwhelming compared to the really amazing Coffee Breath and Heartache cover.

No doubt the CB+H one looks great, and is way more detailed. I like a different take on the art when things like this are offered opposed to a straight screen printed version of the normal art and I dig the minimalist approach. Now as a label that toots its horn about doing crazy and creative packaging, yeah, P+P was definitely shown up by CB+H on this one. 

Hoping the Light Years album isn't delayed like this one, REALLY looking forward to it. 

What a strange process. I would've thought they were having someone doing the whole thing or doing it all themselves.

not really uncommon.

screen burning is the part of screen printing that has the most variables, and really takes perfecting.

the act of actually screening, especially one color on a flat paper is relatively easy with a bit of practice.

my band used to screen our own shirts in our old drummers apartment. he had a setup for making screens, but after enough fuckups, we started just paying to have them done. the time we saved was worth the cash.