Apple event 9/10/2013 10am PST

dominic252

classics are tanks, its awesome.

I couldn't tell you how many times mine has been dropped or frozen (like cold frozen [Canadian, eh!] not software malfunctions) and still works perfectly. I still have all my old ones. The only reason I've had to upgrade was for more space.

I've always maintained a separate Ipod but I have uploaded my stuff to google play and I use spotify and it's been good. Its totally a culture shock going from Iphone to Android but I've realized that Android is really what you make of it, wanna make it look like an Iphone? It can do that. So it's actually been a good experience and I plan on making it better by rooting the phone and putting a vanilla android OS on it to make it better. 

Wow I understand so little of what you said! Haha, I am in big trouble.  I suppose I should find (or start if there isn't one) a Learn Android 101 thread so I can learn what things mean lol.

But I do want my music and phone to be in the same place if I make a switch. /firstworldproblems

They don't typically do much other than buff the hardware in the odd years of the cycle. 

Maybe they'll have some new stuff for iPhone 6 but I wasn't expecting much this afternoon.

I'll save you all some time. They'll talk about how much shit they've sold, how many items have been download and how much data is being stored in the cloud. Then they'll talk about new hardware specs and have a couple developers on stage to showcase a game and productivity app update that could have "never been accomplished" on previous hardware. 

Then they'll show the iterations and pricing. Then they'll show the fingerprinting thing and they will talk about it like DARPA just unveiled the technology. IT SCANS YOUR FINGER. IT IS MINDBLOWING. IT IS MAGIC! They'll talk briefly about how practical it is but developers won't get their heads around it for this iteration of hardware anyway so it won'y be relevant until the iPhone 6, if ever. 

Then they'll wrap with a surprise trinket and tell you they are available now! GO BUY!

Wow I understand so little of what you said! Haha, I am in big trouble.  I suppose I should find (or start if there isn't one) a Learn Android 101 thread so I can learn what things mean lol.

But I do want my music and phone to be in the same place if I make a switch. /firstworldproblems

Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for but I found it super helpful.

http://paulstamatiou.com/android-is-better

Just make the new iOS live please

My guess is a week today.

Your fingerprint will probably be like your social security number in the future. If it's not already.

As a canadian living in america, I can guarantee you it is. All of my government id (greencard etc) has my fingerprint, and when I cross the boarder I'm fingerprinted nearly every time to guarantee that it is me. 

do you think your fingerprint is used as another form of ID as in, nobody has the same one? kinda like how the database is for criminals.

do a crime, get finger printed once. boom - youre in the system.

for important documents - finger print - boom. in the system.

either way. fn scary.

do you think your fingerprint is used as another form of ID as in, nobody has the same one? kinda like how the database is for criminals.

do a crime, get finger printed once. boom - youre in the system.

for important documents - finger print - boom. in the system.

either way. fn scary.

Yeah it absolutely is. When I was getting my green card, they did every finger a bunch of times as well as the whole hand. When they scan my finger print it brings up my whole file, which is huge (moving to this country requires a shit ton of paperwork), and they can check everything I've told them with the file they have. Basically I don't need to carry a greencard as my finger gives them more information than my card does. 

classics are tanks, its awesome.

I went through 3 160gb classics (hd failures on all of them, all within 6 months of owning the device) and gave up.  Loved them, but I got tired of replacing them.

I'm weary about what Apple's 'big new thing' is going to be.  Fingerprint scanner and colors do absolutely nothing for me, faster processor and better camera are a given for any new phone.  I've been a solid supporter of iOS since the beginning, but I haven't been impressed in a while.  On the other side of things, Android does nothing for me either (and I've been a dedicated Linux user for over a decade, so I was hoping it would).  I want mobile Ubuntu to take off, it's the most exciting thing I've seen on a mobile device in a while.

What they're presenting I hope is more than aesthetics. I still use the iPhone 4! My contract is up and I'm considering jumping ship if there's nothing noticeably innovative and new. Sigh, I see Apple headquarters every day when I drive to school and it's just depressing.

do people not know that the iphone in during the even years of the cycle (3GS, 4S, 5S) are all slight hardware and heavier software updates? it's not going to be an update in design.