Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

1511265_796907079992_1736838422_n.jpg

Juan sent me:

-Macho Man and CM Punk toys (YES!)

-A Pearl Jam lullabies LP

-Say Anything on Blu-Ray (super-stoked on this!)

-Return Of The Jedi 12-inch (which is unfortunately warped beyond any sense of playability)

-A fucking fish head-shaped picture disc featuring the Dr. Demento classic "Fish Heads" on it — this is easily one of the coolest records I have EVER owned

-He even threw in a dog toy for Mia!

Thanks for all the goodies, Juan. I'm listening to your mix CD right now and would love a tracklisting if you have one.

Great job everyone.  This was tons of fun this year.  Hope everyone is as stoked about their gifts as I am about mine.

If I learned one thing it was that I'll need to try and go an extra couple of yards to try and match the awesomeness of these gifts.  Next year I'll be upping my game.  (Or in 6 months if someone wants to do a christmas in July)

So this was way overdue, good thing Mike gave us all a little bump, otherwise I might be getting around to this for another couple couple of weeks. I wanted to take the time to write this properly, but with working such long hours every day it was just slipping away.

So here's what I got:

dsc05411.jpg

First up, vinyl:

- Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine; I've never listened to NIN, though I've been meaning to give them a listen for the longest time. It's just hard to decide where to start with a band you know nothing about that has so much material to offer. Thankfully I didn't have to think about this anymore. I gave this a spin immediately and I really enjoyed it.

- The Gaslight Anthem - Hold You Up; I love TGA, but only own a couple of their releases. I didn't even know about this one. Plus I love Bon Iver, and there's a cover of one of his songs on this, which just adds to how much I love this piece. Awesome!

Second, candy:

I am beyond words here.

- There's bacon candy, which I didn't think existed. I even made a joke about it in my "about me", but as it turns out, it's a real thing. Awesome.

- Then there's Hershey's Candy Cane chocolate. Awesome.

- Twix Gingerbread. What? Awesome.

- Buckeyes pralines with peanut butter. Who even comes up with this stuff? Beyond amazing.

Other stuff:

- This first piece is the only thing I was slightly worried about before opening it. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I do very little reading, and very few themes interest me. The package felt like a book, so I was a bit skeptical. Turns out - it's a cookbook. A heavy metal cookbook. Awesome!

- A guitar shaped spatula. Insanely awesome!

- A "rockin" bbq fork. Awesome!

- A Christmas Story DVD. I've never seen that movie, and I'm really looking forward to watching it. It seems like a great feel-good flick and I love those. Oh, a side note: everything was wrapped in the "a christmas story" themed wrapping paper.

- Bacon flavoured tootpicks. I don't even... Awesome.

- A couple of AP mags featuring AFI. Yeah, I'm a fan :)

- A christmas card. That's a coaster. With a beverage recipe. Awesome!

- A mix CD, which is incredible, a local band CD, which I have yet to listen to, and another CD, which might be a joke, or might just be cool. 

Overall, I was beyond stoked when I got the package, opening everything up brought me indescribable joy, I honestly felt like a kid. I cannot remember the last time I had such an amazing Christmas. It literally made up for all the shitty ones in the recent years, and participating in this was one of the best experiences I can recall. From all the hints I'm pretty positive that my Secret Santa is The Moosen. Dude, you made my holiday, and even though I'm ashamed to be writing this so late, you went above and beyond and I will forever cherish this. Thank you, you're awesome!

So this was way overdue, good thing Mike gave us all a little bump, otherwise I might be getting around to this for another couple couple of weeks. I wanted to take the time to write this properly, but with working such long hours every day it was just slipping away.

So here's what I got:

dsc05411.jpg

First up, vinyl:

- Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine; I've never listened to NIN, though I've been meaning to give them a listen for the longest time. It's just hard to decide where to start with a band you know nothing about that has so much material to offer. Thankfully I didn't have to think about this anymore. I gave this a spin immediately and I really enjoyed it.

- The Gaslight Anthem - Hold You Up; I love TGA, but only own a couple of their releases. I didn't even know about this one. Plus I love Bon Iver, and there's a cover of one of his songs on this, which just adds to how much I love this piece. Awesome!

Second, candy:

I am beyond words here.

- There's bacon candy, which I didn't think existed. I even made a joke about it in my "about me", but as it turns out, it's a real thing. Awesome.

- Then there's Hershey's Candy Cane chocolate. Awesome.

- Twix Gingerbread. What? Awesome.

- Buckeyes pralines with peanut butter. Who even comes up with this stuff? Beyond amazing.

Other stuff:

- This first piece is the only thing I was slightly worried about before opening it. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I do very little reading, and very few themes interest me. The package felt like a book, so I was a bit skeptical. Turns out - it's a cookbook. A heavy metal cookbook. Awesome!

- A guitar shaped spatula. Insanely awesome!

- A "rockin" bbq fork. Awesome!

- A Christmas Story DVD. I've never seen that movie, and I'm really looking forward to watching it. It seems like a great feel-good flick and I love those. Oh, a side note: everything was wrapped in the "a christmas story" themed wrapping paper.

- Bacon flavoured tootpicks. I don't even... Awesome.

- A couple of AP mags featuring AFI. Yeah, I'm a fan :)

- A christmas card. That's a coaster. With a beverage recipe. Awesome!

- A mix CD, which is incredible, a local band CD, which I have yet to listen to, and another CD, which might be a joke, or might just be cool. 

Overall, I was beyond stoked when I got the package, opening everything up brought me indescribable joy, I honestly felt like a kid. I cannot remember the last time I had such an amazing Christmas. It literally made up for all the shitty ones in the recent years, and participating in this was one of the best experiences I can recall. From all the hints I'm pretty positive that my Secret Santa is The Moosen. Dude, you made my holiday, and even though I'm ashamed to be writing this so late, you went above and beyond and I will forever cherish this. Thank you, you're awesome!

Glad you enjoyed it all man! I tried to get you a bunch of things/people from my area. The FOB cd you were unsure about I actually burned for my girlfriend but somehow ended up in your package, haha. Enjoy it though!