Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

Alright, I held off opening mine until today.

11553488704_7fe748e60a_b.jpg

HUGE thanks to.....Daegor!  So many 7"s to check out, and a brand new Quicksand LP.  It's sad but I've never listened to them, so I'll be spinning that asap.  Also, I'm extremely stoked on the Christmas 7", definitely the coolest thing I got today.  As for the beer, kudos for illegally shipping alcohol, I thought that was pretty funny.  I can't wait to try it.  I haven't listened to even one of these bands so I can't wait.

Again, thanks a lot Daegor and merry Christmas!  

551Rlvg.jpgAwesome Awesome Awesome!!!

My SS went above and beyond with everything about this package thank you so much.

I got

a mix CD I will be sure to listen to very soon lots of new bands to me awesome

a sub pop sampler CD I will also listen to very soon again lots of new bands to me super awesome 

a couple stickers and a pin always good

a homemade jar of concord grape jam delicious

a framed pastel print with a Bright Eyes quote super thoughtful thank you 

a $20 gift credit and sticker to chisel records for more records again above and beyond

2 LP's Son, Ambulance Euphemystic and Donavon Frankenreiter - Pass It Around both albums I have been meaning to pick up

and 1 2x 7" Clooney Tunes a compilation with Bright Eyes on it I needed 

I'm pretty sure my SS is hudsoncomplex. Thank you and your wife so much for everything I really appreciate all the thought and effort that went into everything and I had an amazing time tearing into all the bubble wrap and uncovering all the treasures. 

I was pretty much expecting to have a lackluster Christmas and had a hunch my ss gift would be the best part, so I held off until tonight. And I'm super glad I did. Holy shit. It was beyond amazing and totally the highlight of my day. I will post pics later, but suffice to say, I'm a happy camper x 10000.

551Rlvg.jpgAwesome Awesome Awesome!!!

My SS went above and beyond with everything about this package thank you so much.

I got

a mix CD I will be sure to listen to very soon lots of new bands to me awesome

a sub pop sampler CD I will also listen to very soon again lots of new bands to me super awesome

a couple stickers and a pin always good

a homemade jar of concord grape jam delicious

a framed pastel print with a Bright Eyes quote super thoughtful thank you

a $20 gift credit and sticker to chisel records for more records again above and beyond

2 LP's Son, Ambulance Euphemystic and Donavon Frankenreiter - Pass It Around both albums I have been meaning to pick up

and 1 2x 7" Clooney Tunes a compilation with Bright Eyes on it I needed

I'm pretty sure my SS is hudsoncomplex. Thank you and your wife so much for everything I really appreciate all the thought and effort that went into everything and I had an amazing time tearing into all the bubble wrap and uncovering all the treasures.

Yep, that was me! Really glad you liked it. It was tough, because we have super different tastes in music, but it looks like it worked out!

I hope you can find something on Chisel that suits your tastes. Andy is a great guy and works hard getting some good stuff into Chisel.

Happy holidays!

My SS is zpushor!

I actually got this a few days ago, but haven't even had a chance to look in the box until tonight.  There are two wrapped gifts (that will stay wrapped, until Christmas ;) ) and a "Treats and Trinkets" bag of random crap, haha:

• A styrofoam plane
  • A bike bell
  • A bunch of Wonka candy (much of which is already gone!)
  • A Misfits patch and pin (awesome!)
  • A Nine Inch Nails pin
  • Two types of tape
  • A magnet pen
  • Slimer mints
  • Two wrapped presents

In the two wrapped presents I found this:

0decd6f6-10df-495a-8ae0-8d476409ac5f_zps

• A drink tray "A camel can go eight days without a drink, but who wants to be a camel?"
  • Everyone Loves you when you're Dead, by Neil Strauss (sounds like a cool book)
  • The Muppet Movie Soundtrack (YES!)
  • Fatboy Slim - Praise You 12" Single (YES!)
  • Sum 41 - Chuck (WHATTHEFUCKTHANKYOU)

Thanks Joseph! I loved your Christmas scene, I'm not creative enough to even think of doing that. I'm excited to try these records out, I haven't heard any of them sans Deftones. I also got a shirt and some little goodies but I forgot to add those pictures to the album. Good package, thank you!!!

http://imgur.com/a/UnVQ6

ok, so here's what i got. it's pretty much amazing. totally won my christmas. 

11574708076_4fc559bf0d.jpg

11573938635_f3df52d5ee.jpg

11573946835_b593454b4e.jpg

11573956865_6eea7181eb.jpg

my favorite part!!!! seriously, i couldn't resist taking a super excited drunk selfie with this last night when i opened it.

11574117283_80c6230d84.jpg

seriously, this whole package was way above and beyond anything i could have hoped for. the only real clue was a slowtrain records sticker that said "one of my favorite record stores R.I.P. :( " on the back. since that shop was in utah and there was only one person i could find in the thread that was from utah, i'm going to say that my ss was youinreverse. omg. thank you so much! this was amazing. i love all of it and can't wait to spend the next week listening to it all. you're the best!

Thanks Joseph! I loved your Christmas scene, I'm to creative enough to even think of doing that. I'm excited to try these records out, I haven't heard any of them sans Deftones. I also got a shirt and some little goodies but I forgot up add those pictures to the album. Good package, thank you!!!

http://imgur.com/a/UnVQ6

Glad you like it. I really like that Lorde 7"! I know you have some Receiving End of Sirens stuff, Brian is in The Company We Keep with Justin Pierre from Motion City Soundtrack. And the Farewell Continental "Hey Hey Pioneers" is a solid record from Justin and his former girlfriend Kari Gray.

In the two wrapped presents I found this:

0decd6f6-10df-495a-8ae0-8d476409ac5f_zps

• A drink tray "A camel can go eight days without a drink, but who wants to be a camel?"
  • Everyone Loves you when you're Dead, by Neil Strauss (sounds like a cool book)
  • The Muppet Movie Soundtrack (YES!)
  • Fatboy Slim - Praise You 12" Single (YES!)
  • Sum 41 - Chuck (WHATTHEFUCKTHANKYOU)

Hey I'm really glad you liked everything. l hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday. And you enjoy all the tunes.

So I was patient and waited until last night to open mine.  So very stoked on it 

photo_zps9f56b5fd.jpg

Deafheaven- Roads to Judah

Old Flings- Spite

Mixtapes- Somewhere in Transic 7"

A copy of Ready Player One, which I've been meaning to read for awhile now, how'd you know? and a mixtape I've yet to have time to listen to.  Also, mine was giftwrapped, which was really really fucking awesome.  

I honestly have no clue who mine could have been, so speak up.  Thank you so so so so so so much!  So stoked on everything here!

Like others I finally opened mine yesterday. I am incredibly stoked on the package. Whoever was my santa thank you so much. There were no clues in the package but whoever sent it had their return address on it. I will try and make some sort of guess and post pictures tomorrow. Thanks you so much again!!!!

So I was patient and waited until last night to open mine. So very stoked on it

photo_zps9f56b5fd.jpg

Deafheaven- Roads to Judah

Old Flings- Spite

Mixtapes- Somewhere in Transic 7"

A copy of Ready Player One, which I've been meaning to read for awhile now, how'd you know? and a mixtape I've yet to have time to listen to. Also, mine was giftwrapped, which was really really fucking awesome.

I honestly have no clue who mine could have been, so speak up. Thank you so so so so so so much! So stoked on everything here!

Hey that was me!

Glad you like it!