barcode strikethrough with marker

It is about the music, but it is also nice to know that it can be treated as a potential investment if times get tough.

You realize that the potential investment thinking is what is going to devalue your vinyl in the future. People will either want them or not want them in the future so why worry about it and just enjoy them now.

You realize that the potential investment thinking is what is going to devalue your vinyl in the future. People will either want them or not want them in the future so why worry about it and just enjoy them now.

they are enjoyed now

not sure how one's thought into this now in a hindrance to future value but ok

not sure how one's thought into this now in a hindrance to future value but ok

If it bothers you because it's essentially a marking on the cover that wasn't mentioned, and the price didn't reflect that, you should think about returning it or contacting the seller.

the reason you're getting smart-ass answers is because no one really knows. it depends on the specific record and the future demand. will it raise the value of the record? almost definitely not. could it lower the value of the record? maybe.

if there is an old OOP record that i really want, but it has a marking on it, i would think i'd want to pay a bit less.

When it comes to CDs/tapes etc etc, remainder marks are very common. They can mean the item was a promo or that the item is a closeout or deleted stock. Other common remainder marks are hole punches through the barcode, saw cut through the spine, drill hole through barcode, etc. When it comes to records, the most common remainder marks are corner clips, saw cuts, and hole punches. 

I ordered a record from Revelation awhile back and my order came with a copy of Rot in Hell - As Pearls Before Swine. I was really confused as to why I got a free record. There was a mark through the barcode so its gotta be worth at LEAST 100000000x what I paid for it.

Sometimes I like to look up what records are fetching on the 2nd hand market so that if something I have is hard to find or expensive I can go give it a hug and then listen to it.

Guest Justin Maheiny

The only thing that affects the long term value of a record is if you poop on it.  I typically specify when I sell records whether or not they have been pooped on.

Serious question though. What if the strike through the barcode was made with poop?