Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Does anybody else loathe the USPS as much as I do?  So far this week they've screwed up nearly everything they've touched of mine.

Firstly, I ordered a copy of Lo-Pan's Salvador on Nov 22nd.  Shipped Monday the 24th.  Scheduled delivery on Dec. 1.  It arrived in here in Des Moines on the 31st (Sunday Night).  Not delivered Monday.  No tracking update.  Not delivered Tuesday.  No update.  Not delivered Wednesday.  No update.  Not delivered today.  I finally called and had to leave a message (along with my next gripe).  Got a call back and was told it would be delivered tomorrow.  5 days to make it accross town.  WTF.

Second, somehow today I was in two places at once.  I was able to sign for a registered package from Japan (Japense Electric Wizard S/T CD) at 10:30 this morning while also being at work 10 miles away.  Low and behold it was not in my box when I got home.  They are looking into this for me, however, Im not going to hold my breath.

Third, came home Tuesday to find my mail on the ground in the driveway and not in my mail box.  Apparently had a replacment carrier that was too lazy to make those extra 4 steps to my box.  Thankfully it wasn't raining or warm enough to melt snow.  Not terrible, but enough to irk me.

...and I do want that Colour Haze.  Saw them in 2013 at Desertfest.  Hadn't listened to them much prior to that, but man, they were great live.

Does anybody else loathe the USPS as much as I do? So far this week they've screwed up nearly everything they've touched of mine.

Firstly, I ordered a copy of Lo-Pan's Salvador on Nov 22nd. Shipped Monday the 24th. Scheduled delivery on Dec. 1. It arrived in here in Des Moines on the 31st (Sunday Night). Not delivered Monday. No tracking update. Not delivered Tuesday. No update. Not delivered Wednesday. No update. Not delivered today. I finally called and had to leave a message (along with my next gripe). Got a call back and was told it would be delivered tomorrow. 5 days to make it accross town. WTF.

Second, somehow today I was in two places at once. I was able to sign for a registered package from Japan (Japense Electric Wizard S/T CD) at 10:30 this morning while also being at work 10 miles away. Low and behold it was not in my box when I got home. They are looking into this for me, however, Im not going to hold my breath.

Third, came home Tuesday to find my mail on the ground in the driveway and not in my mail box. Apparently had a replacment carrier that was too lazy to make those extra 4 steps to my box. Thankfully it wasn't raining or warm enough to melt snow. Not terrible, but enough to irk me.

...and I do want that Colour Haze. Saw them in 2013 at Desertfest. Hadn't listened to them much prior to that, but man, they were great live.

I had something like this happen. Had a package that was supposed to be delivered and said there was a notice left. first off it was a record sent media mail so they have no reason to need something for it, second there was zero notice left. I went to my local post office and a woman who i know from a different usps location is now working there and i told her about this and she flipped shit on the carriers about it. After 3 days of them "leaving notices" i finally talked to a supervisor and had to work through them pitching bs excuses that made no sense and proving them wrong on them to finally saying look just deliver the damn package, leave it at my door and quit lying. locally we have just been having horror stories all around with them but there is no accountability or ramifications.

I had something like this happen. Had a package that was supposed to be delivered and said there was a notice left. first off it was a record sent media mail so they have no reason to need something for it, second there was zero notice left. I went to my local post office and a woman who i know from a different usps location is now working there and i told her about this and she flipped shit on the carriers about it. After 3 days of them "leaving notices" i finally talked to a supervisor and had to work through them pitching bs excuses that made no sense and proving them wrong on them to finally saying look just deliver the damn package, leave it at my door and quit lying. locally we have just been having horror stories all around with them but there is no accountability or ramifications.

Dittos! Just recently I had my tracking information say notice left. I was home all day and had my mail delivered, even talked to the mail man. There was no notice left, not to mention the package was from Amazon and the label said leave on doorstep if there is no answer. WTF USPS, blatant lies... Had to go online and tell them to redeliver it.

After over a month floating around somewhere via USPS, finally got this yesterday.  Test Pressing of Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom Live at Roadburn

IMG_20141204_180212_zps0ee34998.jpg

...also got a late delivery on my missing EMS package.  Jap Electric Wizard s/t CD next to something a buddy of mine got signed for me which also arrived yesterday.  He works for a catering company that specializes in catering touring musicians.  He happened to run into Electric Wizard at Sonisphere and since he didn't have anything to get signed, he just grabbed a piece of paper and had them sign that for me. ..obviously LIz wrote the Lot's of Love part.  I'd feel a bit creeped out if it were Jus.

IMG_20141204_175525_zps61c113d9.jpg

After over a month floating around somewhere via USPS, finally got this yesterday.  Test Pressing of Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom Live at Roadburn

IMG_20141204_180212_zps0ee34998.jpg

Nice. Was this a Discogs buy from Burning World? I've thought about buying some of their tests directly from them, but just couldn't pull the trigger with the price and added shipping.

Looking forward to that Pallbearer demo release. They are playing this Sunday in SF. I want to go so bad, but next day is a work day and I also have to go out to my buddy's bar on Monday for his 5th year anniversary. I think I'm too damn old for two nights in a row.

Yah, I got it directly from Burning World.  It was a bit pricey because of the conversion rates and shipping, but once the 10 test pressings are gone I figured I'd regret not buying it.  The first one they sent got lost in the mail, even with Registered shipping so this is the replacement.  I'd like to snag the Elder and Midnight Ghost Train tests as well.