Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

22 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

That's one line-up.

New All Them Witches come February!

https://allthemwitches.bandcamp.com/album/sleeping-through-the-war

That new song is interesting. First thing that comes to mind is that I could picture Iggy doing this in the early 90's. I'm excited to hear how much different the whole album is from past stuff. I'm hoping for some sort of limited pressing color type thing ya know.

I haven't gotten it yet. eventually probably. I don't think the standard will sell out. 

also this release didn't get much hype as opposed to other releases where he releases pics of each individual variant etc etc. this was just  bam here it is  that's what it felt like anyway to me. 

also got my Merlin yesterday. sweet looking. 

Ended up on passing on geezer.  Wanted that diehard for the bonus live album, but I can't afford or justify that right now.  I may spring for a NSS at some point if they are still around.  I've just really scaled back my buying lately - the weak Canadian dollar, high shipping costs, and consumer debt have me down :( /sobstory

We haven't had a fun little "exercise" in a while, and I'm just about finished with my Ozzy Sabbath collection, so how about we rate the first eight Sabbath albums?

I'll go first obviously since it was my idea and because I think it'll be different from most of yours :) :

1)s/t

2)Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath

3)Master of Reality

4)Paranoid

5)Sabotage

6)Vol. 4

7)Technical Ecstasy

8)Never Say Die

granted I've spent relatively very little time with TE and NSD, and haven't listened to them in a long time. Could be better than I remember.

https://store.relapse.com/

Relapse's black friday is up and running. Black 1 for 40% off today, Black2 for less tomorrow etc. Great chance to tick some stuff off the wishlist.

Finally snagged me Cough's Ritual Abuse. Just couldn't dish out for two double LPs to grab Still They Pray together with that for a whopping 88$ shipped. Didn't really dig it as much, I remember this being the majority opinion around these parts as well?

Edited by JoshuaNilk

1 hour ago, JoshuaNilk said:

https://store.relapse.com/

Relapse's black friday is up and running. Black 1 for 40% off today, Black2 for less tomorrow etc. Great chance to tick some stuff off the wishlist.

Finally snagged me Cough's Ritual Abuse. Just couldn't dish out for two double LPs to grab Still They Pray together with that for a whopping 88$ shipped. Didn't really dig it as much, I remember this being the majority opinion around these parts as well?

I just can't really get into Cough beyond the split with Windhand tracks. I want to...but I can't.

Had a bunch of stuff in my cart last night and didn't get anything.

On 11/22/2016 at 7:17 PM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

We haven't had a fun little "exercise" in a while, and I'm just about finished with my Ozzy Sabbath collection, so how about we rate the first eight Sabbath albums?

I'll go first obviously since it was my idea and because I think it'll be different from most of yours :) :

1)s/t

2)Sabbath, Bloody Sabbath

3)Master of Reality

4)Paranoid

5)Sabotage

6)Vol. 4

7)Technical Ecstasy

8)Never Say Die

granted I've spent relatively very little time with TE and NSD, and haven't listened to them in a long time. Could be better than I remember.

I don't have everything by Sabbath, but my order would be:

1. S/T

2. Vol. 4

3. Master of Reality

4. Paranoid

5. Sabotage

I will say that S/T wins by a landslide with me.

In other news, the Sunn O))) shop is going to have a bf sale with 30% off everything. http://sunn.southernlord.com/

You talk about bands i cant get into, Sunn O))) is one of them. Seen them live a few times and enjoy them but any of their records ive owned i never put them on to listen. 

I had a bunch of stuff in my cart for relapse. I bought it all. They ditched free shipping which sucked. Still awesome deals 

23 minutes ago, Twistedshabazz said:

You talk about bands i cant get into, Sunn O))) is one of them. Seen them live a few times and enjoy them but any of their records ive owned i never put them on to listen. 

I had a bunch of stuff in my cart for relapse. I bought it all. They ditched free shipping which sucked. Still awesome deals 

Yeah, lack of free shipping bummed me out.

I keep really trying to dig Yob, and I like some of their stuff, but I don't think I could ever get through a whole album. Almost bought the two True Widow albums they stock, Valkyrie, and that Album Leaf record, but couldn't convince myself I really needed any of them.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

couldn't convince myself I really needed any of them.

Seems to be my line of thought looking at most things nowadays. Which I am glad of.  As much as I adore vinyl, it's great to finally realize I don't have to bury every cent under the collection.