Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I'm still confused as to why STB releases don't come with dl code. There's probably a fee to have Bandcamp downloads that Steve is trying to avoid but it seems there'd surely be a way to have digital downloads without going through BC.

A bit bummed that the Sinister Haze record wasn't provided with one.. It would just make life slightly easier. It hasn't leaked as far as I'm aware either so would have to do with the 128kbs bandcamp rip until the record arrives.

On 2.5.2016 at 7:03 AM, Twistedshabazz said:

This new update is the worst. Cant post in most threads. 

I wad revisiting the band lesbian today. Forgot how much i enjoy them and wish they would put out some more of their stuff on vinyl.  

Good mention. Need to revisit Forestelevision myself. I remember being intrigued but kind of taken aback as well by how intensely prog it was. I will get that on vinyl one sunny day. They're supposed to have a new album coming out soon as well.

On 3.5.2016 at 7:16 PM, monsterrod said:

Pentagram Fist Daze and First Daze Here Too are both up in the Relapse store. The /200 bundle is pretty sweet. 

https://store.relapse.com/band/pentagram

Stoked about this. Too bad Relapse has the most expensive shipping around. I wanted to get the Cough reissues but it would've cost +50$ to ship them, which is more than the records themselves. Pentagram would be more of the same although First Daze Here is easily my favourite from Pentagram.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Seriously.  

I just wish Ancient Warlocks were as prolific. That, my friends, would rule.

We should be looking at a new Wounded Giant record this year as well, yes?

Looks like Wounded Giant finished the record in March, so who knows when it will actually come out with the record plants running way behind and all. Really looking forward to it.

Any avid Dylan Carlson followers here

His latest Kickstarted solo album sold out over on Sargent House US but there are still copies available through the EU store. Best to snag now rather than pay +70$ on Discogs later.

http://sargenthouse.awesomedistro.com/products/570098-drcarlsonalbion-coleman-grey-falling-with-a-thousand-stars-lp-pre-order

The collector side of me is thinking that if it were limited to 20, then maybe $45 could be justified for a 12" with 3 songs. Reality says that limited to 100 for $45 is an easy pass and also makes it likely I'll pass on that $20 version, which is also pretty damn wacky for 3 songs. Things are getting out of hand. :blink:

Now, not that it is right, but they do say in their description:

Unfortunately, due to the rampant assholery of people buying multiple copies of our limited stuff and reselling it for up to 10x the initial cost, these are LIMITED TO 1 PER CUSTOMER. . .There are only 250 of these for sale online and we want to make sure that everyone who is a fan and wants a copy can get it for the price we are selling it at.

So maybe the high price is to discourage flippers.  Too bad it discourages fans, and flippers still gonna flip.

26 minutes ago, Mars said:

Now, not that it is right, but they do say in their description:

Unfortunately, due to the rampant assholery of people buying multiple copies of our limited stuff and reselling it for up to 10x the initial cost, these are LIMITED TO 1 PER CUSTOMER. . .There are only 250 of these for sale online and we want to make sure that everyone who is a fan and wants a copy can get it for the price we are selling it at.

So maybe the high price is to discourage flippers.  Too bad it discourages fans, and flippers still gonna flip.

Yup. It sells for $20-$45, they'll just sell it for even more when they sell out.

It's just so surprising since 777 was on opoponax, and was $14 shipped.

Real bummer.