Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

42 minutes ago, spudboy said:

Goya raised the price from $40 to $45 + $5 shipping.... $50 for three songs and a fancy cover. What a joke!

It was $45 from the first time I posted the link. It's been a bendover from the beginning. I passed on both versions. Just not feeling those prices.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

It was $45 from the first time I posted the link. It's been a bendover from the beginning. I passed on both versions. Just not feeling those prices.

I might have missed your post. I just remember looking at the site either last night or this morning and the price was at $40. I might be tripping tho, idk. Either way it's still a ridiculous price.

8 minutes ago, spudboy said:

I might have missed your post. I just remember looking at the site either last night or this morning and the price was at $40. I might be tripping tho, idk. Either way it's still a ridiculous price.

I think I misquoted the price as $40 as some point in here.

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

Your fate has been decided... YOU must overpay for the next five stoner/doom records that you are foolish enough to purchase. So it is said, so it is written, the wizards have toked.

Nnnnnooooooooooooooooo!

Ugh. I kind of hate myself for even considering paying for it. That foil sure would look sweet next to the foil of that overpriced Die Hard of Obelisk I still paid for. Feeling like collector scum at the moment.

I like how you guys have passed easy. Makes me feel I have the power in me to do so as well.

6 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Ugh. I kind of hate myself for even considering paying for it. That foil sure would look sweet next to the foil of that overpriced Die Hard of Obelisk I still paid for. Feeling like collector scum at the moment.

I like how you guys have passed easy. Makes me feel I have the power in me to do so as well.

I hear ya. Believe me, I did consider it back and forth for a bit. In the end, it was $45 for a 12" single limited to 100 with nothing special except some foil on the cover. I just can't support that kind of crap. I love Goya, but this wasn't going to be some big prize in my collection and I would probably listen to it a few times and file it away. If this is the price point we're heading towards, many of us won't be able to buy as many records, which means less support for more bands/boutique labels. That's not good for anyone.

5 hours ago, Twistedshabazz said:

Also piss on the 10 dollar 7" they had that was one song. Gotta be kidding me....

I did fall for that one. I was blinded by the art and didn't realize I was paying $10 for two different versions of the same song. They just wrote up a lengthy FB post about why the records are priced so high. Whatever, I still refuse to pay $45 for a 3 song 12". Others bought in, so good for the band.

15 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I did fall for that one. I was blinded by the art and didn't realize I was paying $10 for two different versions of the same song. They just wrote up a lengthy FB post about why the records are priced so high. Whatever, I still refuse to pay $45 for a 3 song 12". Others bought in, so good for the band.

Read like a whole lot of boo-hooing to me. If the jacket place only does /500...and you did 500 records...maybe don't pay them for 500 and use 400 of one kind, then pay for another 500 and only use 100 of those! How come 777 was so much less expensive, and why has no one asked him that?

And if the place you're using to press stuff is so expensive, maybe try another pressing plant.

Boo. Fucking. Hoo.:rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Read like a whole lot of boo-hooing to me. If the jacket place only does /500...and you did 500 records...maybe don't pay them for 500 and use 400 of one kind, then pay for another 500 and only use 100 of those! How come 777 was so much less expensive, and why has no one asked him that?

And if the place you're using to press stuff is so expensive, maybe try another pressing plant.

Yeah, I feel ya. I was thinking the same thing. You make bad decisions on how to budget for the record, so fans can pay $45? I would respect him more if he just said, "The price is the price and we work hard for it. If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it!". I dunno.

Anyway, for those who want a great record that is also limited to 100, check out Brume - http://brume.bigcartel.com/product/donkey-vinyl-alt-cover  I like the regular cover better, but I just bought both because this shit is heavy good. They managed to pull off this /100 for $24. Granted, there is no foil :unsure:.

It's a total bummer because Jeff was such a nice guy when I met him. I want to support him and the band, but I can't support this kind of pricing. Such is life I guess. I'll just go to any show they play around me and buy merch there. I probably wouldn't even think twice paying $20 for SF at a show, ha.

1 minute ago, switch5150 said:

It's a total bummer because Jeff was such a nice guy when I met him. I want to support him and the band, but I can't support this kind of pricing. Such is life I guess. I'll just go to any show they play around me and buy merch there. I probably wouldn't even think twice paying $20 for SF at a show, ha.

Definitely all really nice dudes. If you're in the Bay you gotta go see locals, Brume.

Just now, lexicondevil said:

Definitely all really nice dudes. If you're in the Bay you gotta go see locals, Brume.

I've been getting into them more recently. I usually can't get into female vocals, but that music is too fucking good to pass up. And I agree with you, the pink donkey cover is the way to go. I keep eyeing it and debating...maybe I just need to pull the trigger and shut up about it.

12 minutes ago, switch5150 said:

I've been getting into them more recently. I usually can't get into female vocals, but that music is too fucking good to pass up. And I agree with you, the pink donkey cover is the way to go. I keep eyeing it and debating...maybe I just need to pull the trigger and shut up about it.

You really should. They had another color with the donkey cover and they sold out. Of course, I bought the one they still have available and now wish I bought all of them at the same time. It will be gone, just a matter of when. They are actually playing tomorrow at the Golden Bull. Wish I had the energy to rally, but I have a lot going on this coming weekend.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Maybe just use the 500 covers and do a limited /100 vinyl variant. Accomplishes the same thing. 

44 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

You really should. They had another color with the donkey cover and they sold out. Of course, I bought the one they still have available and now wish I bought all of them at the same time. It will be gone, just a matter of when. They are actually playing tomorrow at the Golden Bull. Wish I had the energy to rally, but I have a lot going on this coming weekend.

I saw that they were playing. I will try to go see them this summer. I had to chaperone a field trip to SJSU today, my students are insane because we only have 17 days left, and SF shows are becoming harder and harder to make during the week. ugh

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Yeah, I feel ya. I was thinking the same thing. You make bad decisions on how to budget for the record, so fans can pay $45? I would respect him more if he just said, "The price is the price and we work hard for it. If you don't like it, don't fucking buy it!". I dunno.

Anyway, for those who want a great record that is also limited to 100, check out Brume - http://brume.bigcartel.com/product/donkey-vinyl-alt-cover  I like the regular cover better, but I just bought both because this shit is heavy good. They managed to pull off this /100 for $24. Granted, there is no foil :unsure:.

This reminds me that I meant to order that brume, thanks.  I personally love female vocals, and she kills it.  I've listened to this dl several times.