Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I've seen Ruby The Hatchet a few times. They are a local band for me, and they are solid.

Lucky dude. They seem to've got some great dynamic between them.

Also, you might be excited to hear that upon inquiring about whether Ouroboros would get a vinyl release any time soon I got a 'stay tuned' response.

Video is pretty funny. I didn't get it at first, then the whole making fun of rap pool party video made sense. There is a thread for their newest release. http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/106742-po-cold-blue-mountain-old-blood-on-halo-of-flies-red-with-black-smoke-100/?hl=%2Bcold+%2Bblue+%2Bmountain The red black smoke version is limited to 100. I'd really recommend buying their first record, too. It is doomier. The new record has more Skeltonwitch type singing, though it appears to be the same singer.

Hello. I'm new to this thread and it's all a bit overwhelming but I'll try and keep up! if you don't frequent the small talk thread then you've probably never seen me before...

I just recently got into electric wizard. I went through the last 20 pages on here and I'll have to check out all the youtube videos you posted ( I did like when you all talked about Katy perry lol) Pretty interested in exploring more stuff like electric wizard and this is all very new to me but BEA gave me some good advice on where to start.

I don't think I'll hand out my cell number since it's a work phone but I'm in for the group instagram stuff. I'm tarzioo

Hello. I'm new to this thread and it's all a bit overwhelming but I'll try and keep up! if you don't frequent the small talk thread then you've probably never seen me before...

I just recently got into electric wizard. I went through the last 20 pages on here and I'll have to check out all the youtube videos you posted ( I did like when you all talked about Katy perry lol) Pretty interested in exploring more stuff like electric wizard and this is all very new to me but BEA gave me some good advice on where to start.

I don't think I'll hand out my cell number since it's a work phone but I'm in for the group instagram stuff. I'm tarzioo

Aww c'mon. Join our text group. We have the same yellow turntable, so it's mandatory.

if you like electric wizard there are alot of good jumping off points.

Winhand, weedeater, sleep, high on fire, salem's pot, witch, kylesa.  the list could go on forever. 

if you could give a bit more info about what you like about EW can help guide more suggestions. 

Aww c'mon. Join our text group. We have the same yellow turntable, so it's mandatory.

Oh hey! Instagram buddies. I know you :D

if you like electric wizard there are alot of good jumping off points.

Winhand, weedeater, sleep, high on fire, salem's pot, witch, kylesa. the list could go on forever.

if you could give a bit more info about what you like about EW can help guide more suggestions.

I'm really drawn to the vocals. It's not exactly what I've heard in the past with metal but I also never really listen to metal... I'm not really sure how to describe it. I also really like the slow speed of everything as well and the guitars sound very thick.

Have I given a horrible description ?

This isn't the type of music I typically listen to so I'm very much out of my element. I was at the record store and I heard them play electric wizard and after listening to it a bit online, I bought dopethrone. I'm really enjoying it!

I will also add that to the list! Thanks! Is there a specific album you would recommend?

I have tomorrow and Tuesday off so I'm going to make my way through all this and I'll let you guys know :D

They have 2 full lengths and and a split or two.  I would go with Ritual Abuse or the split with Windhand.  I also third that Monolord record.  

alot of stuff in this realm is really just trial by fire.  the vocals are make it or break it depending on the persons taste.   it is definitely a genre where you will have slow chugging guitars and its heavy then the vocals kick in and the "ugg" response kicks in.

Sleep - Holy Mountain. Best of luck owning it on vinyl, but it should still be a good download/cd buy.

Hey Joto! Is this where you've been hanging out?

Allow me to be the first to apologize for the insane amount of money you will feel compelled to spend.

Haha. Dopethrone was $35 which is more than I usually pay but definitely worth it. :)

Hey Joto! Is this where you've been hanging out?

Haha. Dopethrone was $35 which is more than I usually pay but definitely worth it. :)

Yeah! These are my kind of people! You get some high prices because there is a great amount of these bands like EW that our from other countries. Imports=$$$. The recent Wizard album was only 25 though. Pretty good, but nothing compared to Dopethrone or Come My Fanatics. In my opinion anyway.