Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Since you really like Monolord, you should check out Slomatics. Their new album Estron is a top 10 release for me. The song "And Yet It Moves" is a top 10 song of the year for me as well. Such sick bass tone. The vinyl is long sold out, Thankfully I was able to score a copy months ago. It's highly recommended.

http://slomatics.bandcamp.com/

Good call. Nabbed one of the last few of both Estron and A Hocht from Head Of Crom. Their sound is awesome, some riffs are quite like Torche in some ways and the cover of Estroni is very reminiscent of Roper's Dopesmoker to me. Don't get me wrong, they manage to create another whole world though.

Also, if Slomatics floats your boat, Conan might be up your alley as well. Another that I'm glad to have a studio album collection of.  They're very drony, amplifier worship all the way. This track off their most recent Blood Eagle is more than worth checking out.

These two seem to go way back as Conan have cited Slomatics as their main influences for their sound in the liner notes.Their split was repressed a few weeks ago and you can still get the blue version that the first pressing was on from their bandcamp. Roadburn also carries it but the shipping from either might run you US dudes up. Sadly I don't know of an US distro.

https://slomatics.bandcamp.com/album/conan-slomatics-split

http://burningworldrecords.com/item/split-blue-lp

In other news, this just popped up into my feed, set for an early 2015 release through Armageddon in the USA and Stickman in Europe. Also the Dead Roots Stirring repress is set for 15th of this month, seems to be available only through Shinybeast.nl

tumblr_n9mes7HI5c1qbphn4o4_r1_500.jpg

+1 for orange Crypt Trip...I think this is a winner

http://poisonedmindrecords.bigcartel.com/

Would really like to get it but in all honesty can't really justify it at 36$ with shipping as I'm not entirely sure how much I'd spin it. That Elder repress is way more enticing plus there's so much more I'm looking to get this month. Feeling the burn already and payday is not even behind the corner yet.

Looks like I missed out on the box version. What happened with the text group thing? Oh well, I've been spending too much money anyway.

Sorry man, I would have texted you/the secret list if I knew you wanted it.

The box was dope, but I couldn't pull the trigger on it and settled for the orange.

We need to figure out a system for group texts. I guess post here to see if the list is interested.

Of course, now that I have your digits, PM me if you want me to hit you up when something goes up or if you want to see some cute pics of my cats.

Sorry man, I would have texted you/the secret list if I knew you wanted it.

The box was dope, but I couldn't pull the trigger on it and settled for the orange.

We need to figure out a system for group texts. I guess post here to see if the list is interested.

Of course, now that I have your digits, PM me if you want me to hit you up when something goes up or if you want to see some cute pics of my cats.

I was trying to arrange my day so I would be by my laptop and then when lunch time came around I completely forgot. At least I saved some money. Ended up just buying the orange. I have spent way too much money on stoner/doom records these last few weeks and need to STOP!!!

I was trying to arrange my day so I would be by my laptop and then when lunch time came around I completely forgot. At least I saved some money. Ended up just buying the orange. I have spent way too much money on stoner/doom records these last few weeks and need to STOP!!!

We should also have a stoner/doom do not notify list.