Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Goya will be putting up their remaining copies of 777 and tour merch soon. Check their site. Google that shit, cuz I don't recall what it is. Don't forget they are coming out with a split with Wounded Giant on STB soon, so both might get harder to grab later. Spend more money. I did.

Goya will be putting up their remaining copies of 777 and tour merch soon. Check their site. Google that shit, cuz I don't recall what it is. Don't forget they are coming out with a split with Wounded Giant on STB soon, so both might get harder to grab later. Spend more money. I did.

I think it's something like marijuana.bigcartel.com or something.

Definitely snag one if you can, guys. This album rips and will definitely be hard to find!

I may even grab a shirt :)

Thank for the heads up ! Definitely keeping an eye out for that.

Also, here's some sick proto-metal(ish) from Texas. Think a combination between Fuzz and The Well but mostly a slower pace. I have a hunch that they're about to blow up. CVLT Nation just posted them up on a list of acts to watch out for so that's that.

https://fogg.bandcamp.com/album/death

Dudes seem to be have been struggling with putting this out on vinyl but it might happen sometime soon.

Also, anyone into it, keep an eye out for this. Definitely happening sometime soon, got an answer about it on Facebook.

Apparently, when the site first went up, it was jacked. 

It took orders, charged money, but didn't put the orders through.

Dan was super cool and offered me a black copy or a refund. 

Perhaps sadly, I went with the refund, only because October was so god damned expensive.

Good guy though. Got right back to me.

Damn, feel for you dude. That's a shitty situation. By jacked, you mean someone instead of Riding Easy collected bank and whent on their way or just a technology error?

Was just gonna say I'm finally getting into Salem's Pot. Really took me a while. Been listening to a lot of Electric Wizard so I think that played a role. Both quite down-tuned and miserable. And it has got me more excited to receive that Windhand split.

Considering what you learned, I'm also getting doubts though. As I'm located overseas, mine might not be arriving quite yet though so could still be good but then again it might just make me wait longer to sort it out. I'm seeing I made the payment on September 27th but it was a pre-order so the release wasn't until sometime in early October, right?

Just thinking about missing out on that that sick orange/black vinyl is making me sad now. Was not prepared for this.

Did you use the contact form on the site or a straight-up address? Last time I shot a question at Riding Easy, I didn't get a response and went the ol' public shaming/desperate inquiry (his perspective?/my perspective) on Instagram route?

Damn, feel for you dude. That's a shitty situation. By jacked, you mean someone instead of Riding Easy collected bank and whent on their way or just a technology error?

Did you use the contact form on the site or a straight-up address? Last time I shot a question at Riding Easy, I didn't get a response and went the ol' public shaming/desperate inquiry (his perspective?/my perspective) on Instagram route?

Poor choice of words on my part. By jacked, I meant fucked up, not hacked.

You may want to get in touch with them though. Dan mentioned that there were maybe 20 cases where the order was billed but didn't go through.

I used the contact form and got an email back with hours. After forwarding Dan my Paypal receipt on Saturday, I got an email explaining the situation late on Sunday and saying I had every right to be pissed.

He refunded my money yesterday morning.

You can also try [email protected].

Good luck!

Going through, trying to get all my orders lined up so I can know what I have coming...

Holy cow, it's going to be ridiculous.

Blood Farmers.

Crypt Trip.

Wounded Giant.

Moon Curse.

Electric Wizard reissues.

Cough/Windhand.

Windhand.

Iced Earth.

Goya.

Gonna be a heavy few weeks. (my Electric Wizards won't be here until Dec. though :/   Oh well!)

Plus some non-metal releases!

Going through, trying to get all my orders lined up so I can know what I have coming...

Blood Farmers.

Crypt Trip.

Wounded Giant.

Moon Curse.

Cough/Windhand.

Windhand.

Iced Earth.

Goya.

Gonna be a heavy few weeks. (my Electric Wizards won't be here until Dec. though :/ Oh well!)

What are non metal releases?

Oh!  :

Mineral reissues are in the mail from the UK

Saves the Day - blue/white split ordered, also ordered the black through Amazon, but I'll probably cancel that.

Taylor Swift - 1989 from Amazon  :blink:

I think that's it. Still haven't gotten my t-shirt from The Well, but I'm looking forward to that too!

Nice, well except for maybe Taylor Swift, but hey to each is own. I pretty much come home from work everyday with a new package. I actually have a seperate bank account just to pay for all of my vinyl. I add to it every week and then when I win money from betting games that money goes in that account as well.

Blood Farmers.

Crypt Trip.

Wounded Giant.

Moon Curse.

Cough/Windhand.

Windhand.

Iced Earth.

Goya.

Gonna be a heavy few weeks. (my Electric Wizards won't be here until Dec. though :/   Oh well!)

I wouldn't mind waiting on most of all of those !

That Cough/Windhand split from the STB auction? Also, where'd you get your hands on that Goya so quick? Thought these were not released yet.

I wouldn't mind waiting on most of all of those !

That Cough/Windhand split from the STB auction? Also, where'd you get your hands on that Goya so quick? Thought these were not released yet.

Nah, Cough/Windhand ($8), Windhand - Soma ($12), and Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon ($11.50, which, I should point out is also like $11 or $12 on Amazon right now too and a 2x LP) are all from the Relapse sale, that would be cool if it was the STB one. I had an "inside horse" on Goya, an excellent person picked one up for me at a show recently when I couldn't attend :)

Ha, nice one. That's quite a bargain for most of those you got there !

Thanks, will do !

Fearing the worst though. I've got a stupid hunch that because I want it so bad I'm definitely losing out on it.

Indeed, 'twas confirmed. Quite saddened by this. Seems a coloured copy of Riding Easy release is hopeless to find as well. For me, this will be "the one that got away". :mellow: