Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Do you guys have either pics of your records and/or a list of your records? I would love to check out your collections. If anyone is interested, links to my collections is below.

Mine is in my sig, says "Bloop, bloop" pretty up to date, I'm missing some classic rock stuff and 80s stuff and a bunch of 45s that I've never felt like doing (and probably never will.)

Do you guys have either pics of your records and/or a list of your records? I would love to check out your collections. If anyone is interested, links to my collections is below.

So much Black Cobra! Jelly.

My deadformat list is in my signature. I am pretty good about keeping it up to date once i actually receive the item.

Strangely enough I think I'm most jealous of your ETID box set!

The good news for me today is I got my Relapse order. Neurosis and Windhand extravaganza!

Also, to add on to my earlier woeful tale, I had to get new tires today, but I also got a bro slap handshake from the dude who worked there because I had Sabbath on the stereo. He'd probably like this thread.

The good news for me today is I got my Relapse order. Neurosis and Windhand extravaganza!

Also, to add on to my earlier woeful tale, I had to get new tires today, but I also got a bro slap handshake from the dude who worked there because I had Sabbath on the stereo. He'd probably like this thread.

Mine will probably be here tomorrow according to the tracking number I received after emailing them. 

I gave them a call. One of my orders have shipped on the 14th! My other one is just sitting there because they oversold Catharsis :-( I'm glad I called, or else they would have just let me sit here thinking I would get my second order one day.

I gave them a call. One of my orders have shipped on the 14th! My other one is just sitting there because they oversold Catharsis :-( I'm glad I called, or else they would have just let me sit here thinking I would get my second order one day.

why didnt they just credit you for the out of stock item and ship the rest?

why didnt they just credit you for the out of stock item and ship the rest?

I a little pissed that I had to call them to find out. Completely unprofessional. The prices were the only thing I enjoyed about this experience. Two weeks to ship??? Come one. If I pulled that shit on here Id be handing out refunds.

relapse is a site that they give you a quality product for a good price. but zero shipping information or reach out.  it kind of is what is unfortunately. 

I just wish I knew what to replace Catharsis with. I thought about an ASG, but I'm not sure what I think about them. That Baroness blood red/bone merge is cool but never really got in to them. Any recommendations?

Get Yellow & Green. Different than most of their stuff, but soooooooo great.

Alternatively, rid yourself of the paradox of choice and transfer your credit to me!

That is an interesting take on Baroness. Most people would say the opposite. That is their only album I don't have. I heard a little bit, but maybe need to give it another chance? I really like Blue. They blew me away when I saw them open for Mastodon years ago. I had never heard of them and I think they stole the show.

I just wish I knew what to replace Catharsis with. I thought about an ASG, but I'm not sure what I think about them. That Baroness blood red/bone merge is cool but never really got in to them. Any recommendations?

That titan record they have on there is pretty awesome. Not typcial relapse stuff but features steve moore of zombi ans is pretty cool. If you want a good baroness start off go with red or green yellow. Are they honoring the 50% off for the out of stock item?

That titan record they have on there is pretty awesome. Not typcial relapse stuff but features steve moore of zombi ans is pretty cool. If you want a good baroness start off go with red or green yellow. Are they honoring the 50% off for the out of stock item?

Yeah, that's what makes my decision even harder because I have to find something in the 16.99 or less range. I think I am going to go for this: http://www.relapse.com/shop-by-product/vinyl/12inch/curves-that-kick.html, or this: http://www.relapse.com/shop-by-product/vinyl/12inch/leviathan-lp-gold-white-merge.html. I thought about doingYob -  Clearing A Path... on oxblood for a steal, but the hater in me i like "I'll be damned if I am dropping more money because they screwed up"

My recommendation for what to get from Relapse is Inter Arma. In my opinion it's one of the top releases this year. Great call on the earlier Titan recommendation. As far as Baroness i would start with First or Second and work your way from there up until Yellow & Green. I remember seeing Baroness at this local record near me right after Second was released and i've been hooked ever since.

That is an interesting take on Baroness. Most people would say the opposite. That is their only album I don't have. I heard a little bit, but maybe need to give it another chance? I really like Blue. They blew me away when I saw them open for Mastodon years ago. I had never heard of them and I think they stole the show.

Well, I also love Blue.

But like amnstypls said, the melodies are beautiful on green and there's still plenty of heaviness there.

I still blast a Horse Called Golgotha, but Yellow and Green is so complex and dare I say accessible to more people?

I mean, my wife loves Yellow and Green fer chrissakes.

Well, I also love Blue.

But like amnstypls said, the melodies are beautiful on green and there's still plenty of heaviness there.

I still blast a Horse Called Golgotha, but Yellow and Green is so complex and dare I say accessible to more people?

I mean, my wife loves Yellow and Green fer chrissakes.

Yeah i would agree that yellow green is more of a nice entry point for their stuff it you want to put your toe in the water. I wish relapse did that first second reissue because i would say go for that easy. I also got to see them right after first with municipal waste in the smallest venue ever. Easily one of the hottest/funnest shows ive been to.

Saw Baroness open for Mastodon as well a few years back (maybe longer?) in Omaha.  They completely blew Mastodon out of the water.  Two days later Baroness played a headlining show here in Des Moines at a really small venue with only one opener.  Probably one of the top 5 gigs I've ever been to.  When the wife and I got married we used the Ogeechee Hymnal as the song we exited the wedding to.  I really don't think you can go wrong with any of their material.  Im partial to Red or Blue myself.