Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Thanks man.  :D  The doom is strong in this thread.

I kicked in an extra $15 so I could get the Best Of LP.  Also waiting on a couple of mail pieces, trying to save for Desertfest London, so buying is at a low right now;

Bongripper - Live at Roadburn 2012 test press

Weedeater - Hot Doughnuts Now 7"

Slow Season - Mountains

Thanks dude.  Before having a kid it was a lot easier to travel and see shows.  The Sleep sphinx poster was from 2011, we saw them on our honeymoon in L.A.  Harvey Milk and Premonition 13 opened which was killer.  This year will be my 3rd year in a row attending Desertfest London.  Stoked that I will be seeing Sleep again.  Dopethrone are another band Im super amped to see while there.  However, this is the first year I'll have to make a real conscious effort to try and save from my record buying slush fund to attend.  I know, poor me, right?  haha.

If Im being honest, I really don't care for Jimi Hendrix a whole lot (please don't kill me), but I do like nearly every band on the comp, so I figured I'd support the project.  If I really don't like anything on it, I figured I could always trade it later.

Thanks dude.  Before having a kid it was a lot easier to travel and see shows.  The Sleep sphinx poster was from 2011, we saw them on our honeymoon in L.A.  Harvey Milk and Premonition 13 opened which was killer.  This year will be my 3rd year in a row attending Desertfest London.  Stoked that I will be seeing Sleep again.  Dopethrone are another band Im super amped to see while there.  However, this is the first year I'll have to make a real conscious effort to try and save from my record buying slush fund to attend.  I know, poor me, right?  haha.

If Im being honest, I really don't care for Jimi Hendrix a whole lot (please don't kill me), but I do like nearly every band on the comp, so I figured I'd support the project.  If I really don't like anything on it, I figured I could always trade it later.

Duuuude. My wife and I just revised our childbearing plan to...not having any.

We had both always said we wanted kids, but went to Maui recently, and I looked at all these tired, run-down parents toting around kids and I turn to her and say, "Kids are just gross little idiots." and she's like, "Ew, I was just thinking the same thing, can we not have any?"

And so that was the end of that!

I love kids that aren't mine though, because they're hilarious, and props for being a good dad! Much respect to those of you who can do it.

I feel the same way about Hendrix, and I would love to support the bands on the comp, as well as the label...but...there's just too much coming out that I want to get something that I may or may not dig (probably not).  I feel kiiiind of bad about it, but then I think, I buy pretty much everything else coming out of this label, I think it's ok if I skip on this.

I hear you dude.  For the longest time we had no desire to EVER have kids.  Especially when my buddy would bring over his horrid 3 year old.  She was a tyrant.  She'd leave and we'd be like "We will NEVER have kids".  Obviously that changed, sometime after we were married and bought a house I suppose.  I can say this though, for all of the bad stuff, the good stuff makes up for tenfold.  Granted, I can't blow $350+/month on records like I used to, but it's worth it.  Now if only there was a way to ensure she didn't listen to radio pop music I'd be happy.... 

There are always 100 things on my "need to buy" list.  I have a hard time deciding what comes next. 

Duuuude. My wife and I just revised our childbearing plan to...not having any.

We had both always said we wanted kids, but went to Maui recently, and I looked at all these tired, run-down parents toting around kids and I turn to her and say, "Kids are just gross little idiots." and she's like, "Ew, I was just thinking the same thing, can we not have any?"

And so that was the end of that!

I love kids that aren't mine though, because they're hilarious, and props for being a good dad! Much respect to those of you who can do it.

I feel the same way about Hendrix, and I would love to support the bands on the comp, as well as the label...but...there's just too much coming out that I want to get something that I may or may not dig (probably not).  I feel kiiiind of bad about it, but then I think, I buy pretty much everything else coming out of this label, I think it's ok if I skip on this.

Being a teacher cured me of any desire to have a kid. Also, every time I look at people with kids I never think, "Man, I wish I was you." Though we do have dogs and just found out that our oldest needs $4000 worth of surgery for luxated patellas or something like that. Record money is gone for a long while. I will have to live vicariously through all of the purchases you guys make.

Being a teacher cured me of any desire to have a kid. Also, every time I look at people with kids I never think, "Man, I wish I was you." Though we do have dogs and just found out that our oldest needs $4000 worth of surgery for luxated patellas or something like that. Record money is gone for a long while. I will have to live vicariously through all of the purchases you guys make.

Bummer, man! Sorry about your pup. I've got a feeling our guy is going to need some stuff done in a few years, he's got a pretty decent limp going on certain days, but the vet says it isn't anything to worry about yet, gave us some joint stuff and pain pills for really bad days.

I hope your dog will be ok.

Do you guys have either pics of your records and/or a list of your records? I would love to check out your collections. If anyone is interested, links to my collections is below.

My deadformat list is in my signature. I am pretty good about keeping it up to date once i actually receive the item.