Secret Audio Club - Wax Packs Series 1

chaps

mailman delivered mine a day early and just opened them up.  Was fun while it lasted.   not quite like opening a couple hundred dollar box of sports cards,  but close.  lol

heres the goods

#3 Red 

card 4A

Do you know the box top is in error.  It says #8 is Pentimento/Boxer and #8 album says Such Gold/Placeholder.  Which is the same the website has said for months.

3,6,and 8 i'm keeping.   open to sell/trade the other 2 if anyones interested.

A few people are looking for #2 - http://waxpacksus.proboards.com/thread/7/austin-lucas-john-moreland

can you estimate how many boxes are left, chaps? or is that too revealing?

We pressed enough vinyl to fill 1800 boxes. I shipped about half of the boxes so far. So like 900-1000 boxes are left. I'll have a more accurate number in the next few weeks. The president of Cobraside called last month after seeing some of the press and ordered 200 boxes. He said to start with that but he anticipates when it hits retail he'll need more. We also have the promotional card going out to 10,000 people in next months issue of non sport update. So that could put a dent in remaining boxes as trading card guys are known to buy cases. 

I'll definitely post if we get dangerously low on sealed boxes. 

Just opened my box; got:

#3 (Red)

Pack in card #3B

mailman delivered mine a day early and just opened them up.  Was fun while it lasted.   not quite like opening a couple hundred dollar box of sports cards,  but close.  lol

heres the goods

#2(SOLD)

#3 Red 

card 4A

These are awesome. I'm willing to buy number 5 and/or 6 from anyone who may be willing to part with them.

got mine today! The packaging is awesome. I got

#6 (Transparant Coke w/ Black Smoke)

Im really looking for #8 if anyone is willing to trade. I'm keeping #9 and #6 but others are up for trade

Also got cards 2A, 6A, and 7A

got mine today!

#5  (brown//50)

Cards - 4B, 6A

That is gorgeous.

that is so pretty.  I had been debating on ordering another box and seeing that i went ahead and ordered.  lol.  

You guys do know there's music on these things, right?

You guys do know there's music on these things, right?

Yes i do,  i have given the 3 i am keeping a spin already.  Thank you.    :rolleyes:  Guess you cant be excited for a product here 

A little back story why i like this release so much....  For the last 5 years i was heavy collecting in the hockey cards.  Had a massive collection of game used and autoed cards.   But after the last hockey lockout/strike/ take the puck and go home i gave up on the sport and that hobby.  Packed up thousands of cards, game used jerseys, and sticks and moved on.  Learning that my other favorite hobby had a similar thing in breaking a box to get vinyl intrigued me and i grabbed a box.  I like the gamble that it brings and the bands involved are not bad either so its 2 itch's scratched in 1.  

i have given the 3 i am keeping a spin already. 

Hey, we have a winner! The point of that quote-a-thon was to highlight that everybody's sharing what they got, but not a single person had mentioned a word about the actual music that is stored on their records. And Jeebus, you guys aren't even referring to the artists by name! "Oh man, I love #4 and #8, but I only got a #6. Major bummer!" Do you not see how ridiculous this looks?

I'm holding off on buying a box or a pack for now, but since these are shipping I like to buy color versions of these from someone if I can. Otherwise I have some 7"s that don't have to do with this series for trade. So hit me up if you want to unload:

#3 Aspiga & Broadcaster

#6 Marathon & Fire When Ready 

#7 Podacter & Banquets

#8 Placeholder & Such Gold

Thanks.

Hey, we have a winner! The point of that quote-a-thon was to highlight that everybody's sharing what they got, but not a single person had mentioned a word about the actual music that is stored on their records. And Jeebus, you guys aren't even referring to the artists by name! "Oh man, I love #4 and #8, but I only got a #6. Major bummer!" Do you not see how ridiculous this looks?

but the fun in opening a box is the surprise with what you get. hence, why everyone is sharing what they got. i'm not really reading what anyone is writing because they're using numbers (like you said) and i don't have the checklist on the back of my hand, but still, let 'em be excited.

i listened to all the tracks that streamed online (and maybe those other people you quoted already did, too!)... i'm excited for about half the set, which is a better percentage than i expected.

I'm holding off on buying a box or a pack for now, but since these are shipping I like to buy color versions of these from someone if I can. Otherwise I have some 7"s that don't have to do with this series for trade. So hit me up if you want to unload:

#3 Aspiga & Broadcaster

#6 Marathon & Fire When Ready 

#7 Podacter & Banquets

#8 Placeholder & Such Gold

Thanks.

Did you post on the trading forum? I know there are trading card collectors who purchased this that might be willing to get rid of color vinyl. Just an idea. 

My only thing is I am usually wary of trades, but have gotten more comfortable with the feedback and accountability system here. Joining a new forum and trading with someone with no history worries me. That's why I'd like to try here first. Are there provisions for people who could potentially scam others? I'm also working with the fact I want to trade stuff not found in your sets.

My only thing is I am usually wary of trades, but have gotten more comfortable with the feedback and accountability system here. Joining a new forum and trading with someone with no history worries me. That's why I'd like to try here first. Are there provisions for people who could potentially scam others? I'm also working with the fact I want to trade stuff not found in your sets.

No but I understand your concerns, you'd have to do a little more work and ask for their feedback on ebay or other trading forums.