Help me get malonekw to reply to a PM

if you type the same tracking number from usps into canada post it will track it to your door.

WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW THIS.  ONCE ITS ENTERED CANADA, USPS CANT TRACK IT, BUT CANADA POST CAN

This works most of the time but sometimes it doesn't update. Trust me I get enough shit sent from the US that I know to switch the canada post's website

Not according to this

admin2.jpg

Yep you're right. I just tried with another thread and it let's you click the button then says I don't have permission. Oh well, I'm sure the admins won't have a problem deleting this once it's been resolved.

Worst case, it get's locked and people can read that it *hopefully* was worked out.

Well let's delete this one then. I'm sorry for accusing you and should have made contact.

For those of you that are invested in this now. Pm me and I will send you a pic of the slip today or tomorrow to keep you informed

I'd like to keep it open until we get this figured out. Like I said I don't appreciate the fact that you chose to ignore me for two months and if this thread is going to change that then I'd like to keep it around for now.

i think the sender was shitty about communicating. it seems like both parties realize the package was lost, but both suspect shadyness to a small degree. i think if the sender refunded 79% of the cost, that is more than most people get out of a situation like this.

I disagree if he didn't file a lost parcel claim I should not be at fault for any part of the total cost.

i think the sender was shitty about communicating. it seems like both parties realize the package was lost, but both suspect shadyness to a small degree. i think if the sender refunded 79% of the cost, that is more than most people get out of a situation like this.

The shadiness angle and communication stuff aside: why should a consumer who doesn't get what they paid for get less than a 100% refund? Honest question. 

I think i've mentioned this before but in a situation b/w nonmerchants, the seller has the risk of loss until the buyer has the item in possession.  that's not a stone cold rule for all situations but i think it applies here regardless whether the post office lost the package/really anything else that prevented the buyer from receiving their good.

Can you actually get tracking on standard shipping to Canada? My understanding is that a customs form is not delivery confirmation and in fact is near impossible to use for tracking once the package leaves the US of A.

this is the first thing i thought. i've never been able to purchase delivery confirmation on an international package.

if he gave you a 20-digit tracking number (in XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX format) then he played you for a fool. if he gave you a customs number such as C739501, then still, that's not going to do you any good for tracking.

this is the first thing i thought. i've never been able to purchase delivery confirmation on an international package.

if he gave you a 20-digit tracking number (in XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX format) then he played you for a fool. if he gave you a customs number such as C739501, then still, that's not going to do you any good for tracking.

Here is a tracking number from a random purchase of mine that was shipped "First Class International", the normal shipping to Canada.

LZ658524189US

Here is proof that stuff can be tracked with proof of delivery to Canada.  This was just the standard shipping rate from Broken World Media, I didn't have to pay any extra.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action?tRef=fullpage&tLc=1&tLabels=LZ658524189US

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

Most labels send me a tracking number once they ship it.  So it definitely is available, and is included in the "First Class International" rate, which is the cheapest rate, that everyone uses to ship to Canada.

So after receiving an image of a customs slip with an incorrectly spelled last name and no receipt, and week of communication Kevin has decide he doesn't owe me the rest of the money... even though he agreed to refund me months ago and has never filed a lost parcel claim. 

So after receiving an image of a customs slip with an incorrectly spelled last name and no receipt, and week of communication Kevin has decide he doesn't owe me the rest of the money... even though he agreed to refund me months ago and has never filed a lost parcel claim. 

You guys are both legitimate people and something shitty happened. Split the loss 50/50, and move on. Malone isn't a store.

Had he done everything he could to find the package I would totally agree but he didn't. There has never been a lost parcel claim filed.

If I had that much of someone else's money I wouldn't stop until I found out what happened to that record. It didn't just vanish.