Paramore - Brand New Eyes LP black/yellow Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Sadly becoming the norm these days. I try not to support single Lps over $20.  Wish everyone would be like No Idea with their $10 LP's.

I guess it's just perspective. Purchasing a bunch of $20 records every week won't break the bank for me. But if I were back in college or making a lot less, I'd be inclined to agree.

That said, I would like to know more about the costs of pressing a run of ~1500 records from a major label (because I assume the costs of acquiring the rights is the most expensive part).

I'm guessing 5 days or so. A week at most. About the same as Pretty. Odd. Only reason for it to stay longer is that more people have it, but the demand is almost definitely there based on ebay prices.

By that logic next week's AWKIF repress should sell out in an hour. The eBay prices are even more insane than BNE. $80+ for 2011's repress.

I guess it's just perspective. Purchasing a bunch of $20 records every week won't break the bank for me. But if I were back in college or making a lot less, I'd be inclined to agree.

That said, I would like to know more about the costs of pressing a run of ~1500 records from a major label (because I assume the costs of acquiring the rights is the most expensive part).

That's the thing. The label is the one pressing it so there are no licensing costs. Either FBR is charging a lot for wholesale or HT has quite the markup.

That's the thing. The label is the one pressing it so there are no licensing costs. Either FBR is charging a lot for wholesale or HT has quite the markup.

Very good point, I'd suspect it's FBR pulling the strings, but given how Hot Topic deep discounts their old vinyl, maybe it is HT.

For example, I picked up The Starting Line's Direction for like $9 the other day, and I can't imagine HT would be so willing to slash vinyl prices in half if they were paying a high markup.

Pretty postitive its FBR/all other labeles hot topic purchases things through. Could be a mandated price (like MSRP) that labels tell HT they must charge.

In any case, these will sell out quickly on line, and wil linger around in stores for awhile. At least here in California. Shit, AWKIF was on the racks at 80% of California HT's for about 3 months...

Very good point, I'd suspect it's FBR pulling the strings, but given how Hot Topic deep discounts their old vinyl, maybe it is HT.

For example, I picked up The Starting Line's Direction for like $9 the other day, and I can't imagine HT would be so willing to slash vinyl prices in half if they were paying a high markup.

Because they bought units, not liscensing. Direction was a SRC production... Hot Topic bought an allocated amount, and when they didn't sell through it, they discounted it... and discounted it... and discounted it until it sold out. Hot Topic is not a record label, it's a re-seller. When they get HT exclusives, it isn't because they are getting them pressed, they simply requested a label to press them (exclusively for them) and then they bought the units.

Do you know if ebates tracks mobile purchases for hottopic or not?

Debating if I should try to order on my mobile or wait until I get home tonight to use a desktop...

People cleaned up with these Paramore represses. There was one dude that sold like 25+ copies of All We Know is Falling before it was even online for $49.99 each. Apparently someone else adopted his business model and did the same with this release.

So lame. I thought that "preorders" were against eBay ToS? Can't they get in trouble for not having items in hand?

People cleaned up with these Paramore represses. There was one dude that sold like 25+ copies of All We Know is Falling before it was even online for $49.99 each. Apparently someone else adopted his business model and did the same with this release.

It's crazy and sickening. My only guess is the buyers are international? (Assuming HT doesn't ship internationally).

Curious how expensive shipping is there. assuming it makes it more than the Hot Topic site.

Probably will be more expensive, but it's a good secondary resource when HT sells out and one doesn't feel like driving across three states or paying $50 from a scalper.

Edit: I wonder what this will do to the market for the first pressing on eBay.

It's crazy and sickening. My only guess is the buyers are international? (Assuming HT doesn't ship internationally).

Probably will be more expensive, but it's a good secondary resource when HT sells out and one doesn't feel like driving across three states or paying $50 from a dirty scalper.

Paramore site will probably go quicker, fewer copies with more fangirls.

It's crazy how quickly the demand has changed for paramore vinyl. I remember picking up all we know on clearance at a hot topic last year for like $6.

Right!? I got the original press of AWKIF from FYE for like $15 a year or two back.

Wonder where the demand's coming from? I bet I'm starting to come off as a Paramoreologist but I've just been interested in watching this release. IIRC they were a fringe band until Riot!, gained popularity by touring Riot! like crazy, and then really met Peak Fangirlism during BNE and Twilight, right? So the only logical conclusion is the new S/T album has a lot of people wanting to create a Paramore vinyl collection.

AWKIF is coming out on the 19th, which is two weeks from today, right?

Yep. Wish they would have just released both albums on the same date. Or heck, wait till next year, repress Riot!, and sell us some sort of boxed set with extra content.