The Beer Thread

Spent part of yesterday evening drinking outside.  We went through a 6 pack of Ninkasi's Helles Belles and Stone's Go To IPA, both were perfect for that.  The Go To IPA had a nice, light fruity hop flavor and almost no bitterness.

I also brewed a clone of Victory's Summer Love on Monday.  Used some of the yeast from the kolsch I did a few weeks prior.  Really excited for both to be done.

If any of y'all get Lakefront in your area, I highly suggest picking up the latest "My Turn," this time under the name "Pilo." It's an imperial pilsner, and it's SUPER GOOD!

Had New Belgium's Hop Kitchen #6 which was an APA collab with Odell brewing.  It was good, but nothing really distinct about it.  I'd probably drink it again, but I don't see myself going out of my way to do so.

I bottled a kolsch while I was drinking the APA, really ready for that to be carbed up.  Down to my last gallon of non-barley wine homebrew!  I've got a third carboy on the way, going to be brewing a ton this summer.

Also have a six pack of Ninkasi's Wunderbeir in the fridge.  Going to wait until my girlfriend comes over to drink those, but a 4.4% kolsch seems perfect to sit outside and drink.

I just looked it up and now I want one, thanks.  lol

at this point you're not missing out. CBS is just about flawless, but it's only been bottled once (in 2009). We opened a bottle about a month ago, and it's definitely starting slide into past its prime. SO, what I'm saying is Founders needs to do another backstage release of that shit! That and Blushing Monk were crazy good

Guest FREE_ATTICUS

I just looked it up and now I want one, thanks.  lol

Yea, I had my last bottle last year. it is pretty much the perfect stout. If you find one and don't have to mortgage your house to pay for it, drink it immediately, because as was mentioned above, its probably past its prime. in agreement that its time to bring that one back.

#FreeAtticus

• 3 weeks later...

Found this great IPA last night. Extended play IPA. 26671D2C-F14E-4604-89C9-48E6556A65F3_zps

I CAME IN HERE TO POST ABOUT THIS AND HOW MUCH I LIKE IT AND NOW I ALSO GET TO SPAZZ ABOUT YOUR COOL PINT GLASS!

I don't think this has been mentioned before (correct me if I'm wrong), I haven't back tracked in this thread too much. Have any of you picked up the Sierra Nevada/12 different breweries collaboration known as Beer Camp?

I've been meaning to grab this year's, I've heard there is a lot of good stuff in there.

I've been meaning to grab this year's, I've heard there is a lot of good stuff in there.

I work at a whole foods so I walk by it everyday, it's hard to not buy it haha. I had my first one tonight which was Russian Rivers contribution. I am extremely happy about this set.