The Beer Thread

Had some goodies this week before a concert at a great Philly bar.

Brewer's Art-Ozzy (Had to with the can design) 3.75/5

Great Lakes-Commodore Perry IPA 4/5

21st Amendment-Back In Black (AC/DC \m/) 3.5/5

Southern Tier-Plum Noir 3.5/5

Redhook Ale-Audible Ale 4/5

Unibroue-La Fin du Monde 3.5/5

Shmaltz-He'Brew Jewbelation 4/5

Conshohocken-IPA 4/5

I like a lot of Southern Tier beers. How was that plum noir?

It was okay.  I like Pinot Noir a lot, so I figured it'd be just like that.  It had a nice dry finish to it and it was fine to me.  I'd suggest trying it first.  I wonder if it'd be better as a pale ale vs a porter style like they made it.  I was hoping for more plum vs chocolate notes in it personally.  I could see some people really enjoying it though.

It was okay. I like Pinot Noir a lot, so I figured it'd be just like that. It had a nice dry finish to it and it was fine to me. I'd suggest trying it first. I wonder if it'd be better as a pale ale vs a porter style like they made it. I was hoping for more plum vs chocolate notes in it personally. I could see some people really enjoying it though.

I'd probably be one of those people. I doubt I'll see it out here, but I'm in Pittsburgh next week so maybe I'll try it if I see it.

Had some goodies this week before a concert at a great Philly bar.

Brewer's Art-Ozzy (Had to with the can design) 3.75/5

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-04-29/entertainment/bal-the-brewers-art-renames-its-ozzy-beer-beazly_1_beer-tom-creegan-the-brewer

bummer. :(

My buddy had a barrel aged night yesterday, did some side by sides. Good ass time.

Lawson's Maple Imperial vs. Rum aged version

Hill Farmstead Everett vs. Bourbon Barrel Aged Version

Wheat is the New Hops vs. Bourbon Barrel version

Mystic Final Judgement (Quad) vs. Day of Doom (Oak Aged)

Cigar City Jai Alai vs. Oak Aged Version

Mikkeller Monk's Brew (Wine Barrel) vs. Monk's Brew (Bourbon Barrel)

Also tried Thirsty Dog's Wee Heavy and Jack's Abbey Cherry Berliner Brun.

My buddy had a barrel aged night yesterday, did some side by sides. Good ass time.

Lawson's Maple Imperial vs. Rum aged version

Hill Farmstead Everett vs. Bourbon Barrel Aged Version

Wheat is the New Hops vs. Bourbon Barrel version

Mystic Final Judgement (Quad) vs. Day of Doom (Oak Aged)

Cigar City Jai Alai vs. Oak Aged Version

Mikkeller Monk's Brew (Wine Barrel) vs. Monk's Brew (Bourbon Barrel)

Also tried Thirsty Dog's Wee Heavy and Jack's Abbey Cherry Berliner Brun.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I need to try to do something like this.

I'm unable to make it to Beer Camp tomorrow in Denver, but luckily a local bar had all the beers on tap tonight. I had them all, and for the most part they are good. My favorite was the Double Latte with Ninkasi and the ESB with someone. I forget who that was with. I would highly suggest picking up a 12 pack if you can find one.

Currently really digging Lagunita's Little Sumpin' Extra.  I was way into the regular Sumpin' Sumpin' and the Wild, but this one may be the best.  Also, Ardent opened up in RVA about 2-3 months ago and their honey ginger is a perfect summer beer.  Not too sweet, and doesn't overdo the ginger.  Dig it.

TTimRNW.jpg

Kind of cool thing that happened yesterday afternoon. The guys at Whitewall Brewing Co (A nano in Marysville, WA) released their new blackberry stout yesterday. I'm part of their mug club and am in there pretty frequently. They told me they'd give me a free pour if my buddy and I could come up with a name. Took about a minute to come up with "Rubus Robustus", which just about translates to blackberry stout in Latin. 

Everybody in the Seattle area should check them out. Great beer and good dudes. Plus you also have Skookum right down the road from there.