The Beer Thread

Grabbed three bottles of the Justice Pumpkin Pie Sour the other night. Light on the pumpkin tones, but a great sour either way. I'll probably save the others for awhile. 

I like the sound of that to me, I'm always interested in a solid sour.  I'll keep an eye out for that next time I'm at the store.

I like the sound of that to me, I'm always interested in a solid sour.  I'll keep an eye out for that next time I'm at the store.

I got mine from the Sno-Isle co-op in Everett, but I think you're Seattle, no? These might be closer, and are the only other places carrying it now. Pretty limited batch from my understanding, so it probably won't last long.

Hop and Hound (Draft and Bottles)

Downtown Spirits

Full Throttle Bottles

The Beer Junction (Draft and Bottles)

99 Bottles

Justice does some great sours. Oswald (oak aged sour stout) and the Sweet & Sour (sour orange peel hinted Belgian white) are both fantastic, but pretty hard to track down now. Both are out of production I believe. 

They've done a couple more sours I think. Haven't tried them though.

http://www.justicebrewing.com/our-beers/

If you're coming up for the Everett Craft Brew fest this weekend, check them out. I know they won't be at the fest itself, but they are having an open house on the side. Last I saw on their facebook, they still had a limited amount of  the pumpkin sour bottles around, plus several beers on tap for growler fills. 

Thanks for doing the legwork on that!  I'm a little bummed Bottleworks doesn't have it, since they're the closest place for me.

I tried Lagunitas - Fusion 22 earlier today and thought it was good, but nothing special.  I'd drink it again, but I won't go out of my way to do so.  I also tried Boneyard's Bone Light and was a little let down.  It had a great aroma, but there wasn't much to it flavorwise and it was really thin.  There are much better session IPAs out there.

Grabbed a Beer Camp twelver at Fred Meyer today of all places. Looks like a great lineup of brews!

Russian River Yvan the Great 
New Glarus There and Back 
Cigar City Tropical Maibock 
Ninkasi Double Latte 
Bell's Maillard's Odyssey IDA 

Loved those. The rest were forgettable. Not horrible, though. 

Russian River Yvan the Great 
New Glarus There and Back 
Cigar City Tropical Maibock 
Ninkasi Double Latte 
Bell's Maillard's Odyssey IDA 

Loved those. The rest were forgettable. Not horrible, though. 

Hrm. Only the Ninkasi and the Maibock were listed on my box. Mine had a bitter and an IPL and some other stuff supposedly. Haven't cracked into it yet to see.

Hrm. Only the Ninkasi and the Maibock were listed on my box. Mine had a bitter and an IPL and some other stuff supposedly. Haven't cracked into it yet to see.

Cigar City's offering is actually called Yonder Bock.

All of those should be in there.

http://beercamp.sierranevada.com/beer/twelve_pack

Southern Tier, brewery in Western New York (not sure how far distribution reaches), puts out one of my favorite beers.

Just came of for the season recently, it's called Pumpking. Imperial pumpkin ale.

http://www.stbcbeer.com/seasonals/seasonal-imperial/pumking-beer-page/

Gah! I've heard about this beer but haven't been able to try it on the west coast. Hoping I'll be able to change that this time since I travel that way all the time. When does it usually get released?

Gah! I've heard about this beer but haven't been able to try it on the west coast. Hoping I'll be able to change that this time since I travel that way all the time. When does it usually get released?

We get Southern Tier up in Washington, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it in SF.

You should be able to get this I think. It's pretty widely released, just keep your eyes open. I'm not sure the actually release window though.

You should be able to get this I think. It's pretty widely released, just keep your eyes open. I'm not sure the actually release window though.

Ya I lived more north last year and worked at a big alcohol store and my distributors couldn't get it for me. But maybe your right and I can get it in SF. (First year here)