The Beer Thread

ooo i should say also that this is only available on tap. you're not gonna find it in the store. their hefeweizen is top 5 for me.

Went to a bar last night and saw they had a brew from Live Oak. Couldn't remember which specifically you recommended, but grabbed it anyways. Turned out to be the hefeweizen and it was awesome. 

Went to Neshaminy Creek Brewery today and it ruled.  Got to try all 8 beers on tap for free and they were all solid.  They had a beer with a Refused reference which was cool and they also do a lot of stuff with Philly area punk bands which I think is awesome.  Definitely gonna support them in the future.  (Possibly going up next weekend for a growler fill and trying their pumpkin beer)

Nice man! Did they have anything unique in Freeport or just the Peeper, Lunch, Moe, Mean Old Tom, etc?

Did they have the Dinner?

Sadly no Dinner! I think they only brew that for July 31st and have a limit of 2 cases per customer. I missed it this year by 2 days and was pretty heartbroken, will definitely be making the trip next year. 

They had everything that they bottle regularly now, no special beers, although the Tiny Beautiful Something I'm pretty sure was a special brew pale ale that started getting distributed recently. Although I've found that in Boston, whereas I've never found Lunch or Another One IPA out of state, and this trip I couldn't even find them in state expect in Freeport. It was awesome to have Mean Old Tom on tap!

On another Maine related brewing note, I had some of Sebago Brewing Company's Hop Swap on a whim and was really impressed. I'm not sure the specifics on that beer, but I'd definitely recommend it. 

Sebago house brews aren't great but they've gotten better with their one offs for sure. Hop Swap in maybe their best.

The Dinner is pretty limited but I thought they did it more than once per year. Who knows?! It is pretty fucking awesome though. Did you try the Bissell (sp?) Bros. "The Substance" while you were there? That is the new DIPA people seem to like. They are in the old ME Beer space in Portland

What kind of retard mistakenly buys a case of the wrong beer?

i bought it under the guise of "trying new things." i've heard good things about Founder's, but i soon realized i had made a terrible mistake and my life would never be the same.

Sebago house brews aren't great but they've gotten better with their one offs for sure. Hop Swap in maybe their best.

The Dinner is pretty limited but I thought they did it more than once per year. Who knows?! It is pretty fucking awesome though. Did you try the Bissell (sp?) Bros. "The Substance" while you were there? That is the new DIPA people seem to like. They are in the old ME Beer space in Portland

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely have to make a trip to try that Bissell Bros, I should be in Maine at least once more before it initiates Arctic Tundra weather mode so I'll have to hit it up then. Would've loved to try the Dinner, I'm sure it's fantastic, their beers seem to have a really great balance. I was blown away when I first tried their Mo, Weez etc. awhile back and am definitely a fan of pretty much everything they've put out, the Lunch was probably my favorite though. 

I'm from Maine but don't get back as much as I'd like to, I moved when I was pretty young so its nice to taste the flavors of my birth state. I've always been pretty disappointed by Shipyard, and Gritty's to a lesser extent although I like to eat there every now and again for the experience. I was in Bangor for a couple days too and had heard good things about the Geeghan brothers, but wasn't able to make the trip over!

It sounded really good, but it turned out to be a strange mix of butter and bourbon and some spices. I didn't enjoy it, and I wouldn't recommend it, but everyone has different tastes so maybe give it a try.

If I find it on tap, I'll still give it a try.  I don't know if I want to pick up a bomber anymore.  Butter isn't a flavour I'd like my beer to have.