The Beer Thread

I am on a quest to find that dang breakfast stout today, and by quest, I mean I'll try one or two nearby stores and if they don't have it I'll just post something on Facebook and hope someone knows where I can get some.

MY QUEST IS COMPLETE. Gonna wait for tomorrow so I can, you know, drink it during breakfast. I also nabbed a thing of HARDCORE CHIMERA imperial IPA by Finch's because it was on sale and it was the last one left and I figured "Why not?"

Also, the fact that they use the Iron Maiden typography for the logo of the Chimera thinger and that I was wearing an Iron Maiden shirt at the time factored into the purchase as well.

YES. ME TOO!

I've seen it a few times, but never got it it's an English bitter.

"Trooper takes its name from the Iron Maiden song which is inspired by the famous Charge of the Light Brigade. Being a real ale enthusiast, vocalist Bruce Dickinson has developed a beer which has true depth of character.

Trooper is a Premium British Beer inspired by Iron Maiden and handcrafted at Robinsons brewery. Malt flavours and citric notes from a unique blend of Bobec, Goldings and Cascade hops dominate this deep golden ale with a subtle hint of lemon."

Screen-shot-2013-03-12-at-10.20.15-AM.pn

This exists. I wanna try it.

I have had this and its nothing towrite home about. Not awful but not amazing. Pretty average but cool because it is maiden.

Also had some founders breakfast stout and boulder chocolate stout tonight. Both delicious. Fall/winter is porter & stout time for me and i love it.

I have had this and its nothing towrite home about. Not awful but not amazing. Pretty average but cool because it is maiden.

Also had some founders breakfast stout and boulder chocolate stout tonight. Both delicious. Fall/winter is porter & stout time for me and i love it.

bummer :(

I've heard that from everyone! That it's an ok beer, but the Maiden makes it better.

I went to grab a beer last night and witnessed the biggest dbag Ole Miss fan.  He was being an ass to the bartenders and was all about being from the south, telling people he was sorry that they were from Philadelphia.  He wouldn't order anything but Southern Tier Warlock because "it's the only southern beer you got."  Buddy, if you only knew... That's a New York brewery.  I didn't wanna break his heart.

Spent part of my evening at Fremont Brewery and had their sour and The Sister IPA.  Both were rather tasty.  Afterwards, I went to a speciality bottle store and had Double Mountain's IRA and Left Hand's Pils.  That IRA was excellent and I'm hoping to pick up a sixer of it.

Brought home Lagunitas All Day Ale, Deschutes Hop Trip and Victory's Storm King Stout.  Pretty good beer day all around.

Spent part of my evening at Fremont Brewery and had their sour and The Sister IPA.  Both were rather tasty.  Afterwards, I went to a speciality bottle store and had Double Mountain's IRA and Left Hand's Pils.  That IRA was excellent and I'm hoping to pick up a sixer of it.

Brought home Lagunitas All Day Ale, Deschutes Hop Trip and Victory's Storm King Stout.  Pretty good beer day all around.

Didn't know they added a sour on tap. I'll have to walk over there soon and try it out.

Didn't know they added a sour on tap. I'll have to walk over there soon and try it out.

Yeah, it was good.  Not quite as sour as I like, but I kind of prefer them unpleasantly sour.    This is the first time I've seen both sides open, it was cool that they had different stuff on tap depending on the side.

Yeah, it was good.  Not quite as sour as I like, but I kind of prefer them unpleasantly sour.    This is the first time I've seen both sides open, it was cool that they had different stuff on tap depending on the side.

Was that sour the Berliner Wiess? I saw that they had that and the 2014 Kentucky Dark Star at the recent brew fest in Snohomish. 

I kind of regret not going. There was a lot of great beer on the preview list. 

Was that sour the Berliner Wiess? I saw that they had that and the 2014 Kentucky Dark Star at the recent brew fest in Snohomish. 

I kind of regret not going. There was a lot of great beer on the preview list. 

I don't think so, they just had it labelled as a sour ale I believe  The last couple times I've had the Dark Star, I've thought it was excellent.