The Beer Thread

Really wanted to grab some of those Steadman art Flying Dog bottles and The Poet from New Holland.

In addition to having really rad labels, Flying Dog does make some pretty good beer.  I know they make variety packs, maybe pick up one of those as your foray into other beer? If you don't care for them, at least you'll have the cool labels.

I've only ever had mainstream beer, nothing special. Just bullshit regualr brands. What should I first venture into? I dig Miller High Life and Budweiser.

Probably stay away from the porters and stouts if your used to light beer. I started out drinking bottles based somely on the coolness of the bottle design! Just grab a few microbrews and try a bunch of different ones.If they have a build a six pack at your liquor/beer store thats the way to go. A lot of em you'll hate right off the bat, others will grow on you. My favorites right now are Yazoos' dos peros and Ghost river.

Probably stay away from the porters and stouts if your used to light beer. 

One of my first tastes of something that wasn't a major pilsner type beer was a stout! If you like coffee or other bitter drinks, you might like it! GO HEADFIRST! Try everything and anything! You'll find SOMETHING you like!

I've only ever had mainstream beer, nothing special. Just bullshit regualr brands. What should I first venture into? I dig Miller High Life and Budweiser.

Try Founders. Dirty Bastard was one of my first ones I tried. The next time you're in Grand Rapids go to the brewery and try whatever you think sounds good to you, it's walking distance to the pyramid scheme and is right next door to the intersection so go early and enjoy!

Probably stay away from the porters and stouts if your used to light beer. I started out drinking bottles based somely on the coolness of the bottle design! Just grab a few microbrews and try a bunch of different ones.If they have a build a six pack at your liquor/beer store thats the way to go. A lot of em you'll hate right off the bat, others will grow on you. My favorites right now are Yazoos' dos peros and Ghost river.

I agree with this. I jumped from said mainstream beers into the breakfast stout and it was a shock to the system haha. I built a 6 pack and I'm just trying stuff to see what I really like.

Find a mix and match shop and go to town. Worst case if it sucks you only wasted a buck or two. Some bars do sampler sizes for 2-3 bucks a beer. If im indecisive or want to try outside the box i will do a flight (5 5oz beers) to sample stuff i am on the fence about or expand. Having a 5 oz beer you ultimately dislike is better than buying a pint and forcing it down

Going to a place that sells "650 types of beer in 17 refrigerators" tomorrow.  Excited.

Every time I go to a large beer store (worlds market in my case ) I'm always all like beer overload! My wife hates going there with me cuz I take too long, but man do they have some good stuff!

Every time I go to a large beer store (worlds market in my case ) I'm always all like beer overload! My wife hates going there with me cuz I take too long, but man do they have some good stuff!

I dated a girl who would so mad waiting for me in the beer aisle.  It would take me 20-30 minutes sometimes.

Oof, yeah, that shit's lame, but at least you have some nice beers now!

In other news, I LOVE HAMM'S!

I did.

Goose Island-The Muddy Imperial Stout

Fegley's-Devious Imperial Pumpkin

Allagash-Black Belgian Stout

Neshaminy Creek-Punkless Dunkel 22oz (my favorite pumpkin beer)

Bell's-Best Brown Ale

Sixpoint-Sensi Harvest

Left Hand-Milk Stout Nitro

And how is Hamm's?  $12.99 for a 30 pack here.  I'm quite curious.