The Beer Thread

One time I tried making some prison hooch (in this case, grape juice with a bunch of yeast and left it in a milk jug) and I drank it and instantly had a hangover. Headache, nausea, etc. FUN STUFF! So yeah, who knows?

Had Bear Republic's Berliner Weisse and it was fantastic.  That brewery seems like they can do no wrong.  I also had some Hamm's run through a Randall with Cascade and Chinook (I think).  It was weird.  I normally like Randall beers, but I feel like that idea doesn't work as well with cheap beer.

Had Bear Republic's Berliner Weisse and it was fantastic.  That brewery seems like they can do no wrong.  I also had some Hamm's run through a Randall with Cascade and Chinook (I think).  It was weird.  I normally like Randall beers, but I feel like that idea doesn't work as well with cheap beer.

Haha. Who did that?

How can i get me one of those....

How can i get me one of those....

Looks like my name got picked for the Bruery Black Tuesday (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout) 2014 Release Lottery.

It was the luck of the draw, Gentlemen. I believe the only remaining is on tap at the tasting room in beautiful Orange County, CA.

You lucky bastard. Their site says if you join their little club you are guarenteed a bottle. Though 216 a year is a but steep

You need to live in California to even join. It is illegal for them to ship out of state.

One of my buddies is a member. He gets three bottles every three months, but it seems a little expensive for my blood. In reality, it's the same price they sell them for at the tasting room, but you also get the "member's only" limited bottles too.

I enjoy my beer, but I enjoy my records more. That's where my member$hip fee$ go.

It's based on the laws for each state:

http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/Shipping-Laws-State-by-State_1049

Also:

There are only two legal ways to ship alcohol in the United States. A retailer must be licensed to sell alcohol by a state that permits shipments in and out of that state and must have an alcohol shippers contract with either UPS or FedEx. The US Postal Service does not permit shipments of alcohol. It is illegal for a non-licensed individual to ship alcohol.

When you buy alcohol online the package should ship with a sticker on each box identifying it as containing alcohol and when either UPS or FedEx show up with the packages there will have to be someone over 21 years of age to sign for receipt of the order. If you think about it, this makes sense otherwise minors might end up in possession of product they shouldn’t have. UPS and FedEx charge each retailer several dollars per box to collect this signature and if by the third attempt no one has been available to sign for the package it is sent back to the retailer.

That's awesome, Man. Congrats!!

I just scored a chest freezer off eBay earlier this week and I'm waiting for a few more parts to assemble my custom dual temperature controller, so I'm just about ready to brew a batch using proper fermentation for once. The bucket of water in the basement technique was too unpredictable.

Congrats man! I know those two homebrews you sent me were damn tasty. Especially the Milo. 

Thanks! Glad to hear ya liked em!

That's awesome, Man. Congrats!!

Thanks man!

Actually, I'm pretty pumped, I made an Imperial Coffee Milk Stout that has been aging away in bourbon barrels for awhile, but couldn't come up with a name. Through a chain of people, the actual Ryan Adams (haha) said it sounded awesome, so we're gonna call it Whiskeytown. Apparently he even wants a bottle. Score! Now we just gotta get the label done and wax dip it, but the bottles should be on shelves in Mid/Late December.