The Beer Thread

I like beer and am on untapped.  Add me too all!

username: twistedshabazz (like on here)

On a beer related note i somehow found a case of pumking at my local distributor. i am going to be drinking the shit out of that.  surprised i did because it always sells out so quickly.

i was lucky enough to grab an early batch of it straight from the mothers teet when i went to the brewery.  once it hits your lips its so good. 

There's so much Pumking in PA.  Everywhere I go.  I had it, a bit sweet for me.  Anyone try Warlock?  I'm tempted.

I like both pumking and warlock equally. I had a few bottles of the latter but couldnt pull the trigger on a 120 dollar case. Thanks to the fiance got the pumking as a birthday gift. She knows the way to do it. Records and booze.

That's awesome. I think pumking was $80 at my distro I believe. Might be a 6 pack but idk, I wasn't committing to that so I got it at a six pack store. PA's laws are foolish. I can either get a full case of something around the corner from my house, go into Philly or drive a half hour to get a 6 pack of craft beer/singles. I didn't realize that Warlock was a stout! Definitely checking it out. The pumpkin porters I've had lately were excellent.

That's awesome. I think pumking was $80 at my distro I believe. Might be a 6 pack but idk, I wasn't committing to that so I got it at a six pack store. PA's laws are foolish. I can either get a full case of something around the corner from my house, go into Philly or drive a half hour to get a 6 pack of craft beer/singles. I didn't realize that Warlock was a stout! Definitely checking it out. The pumpkin porters I've had lately were excellent.

The case is 12 24oz bottles.  I kind of mathed it after i got it and it comes out to 7.50 a bottle, which in turn is about 3.75 a beer.  If you buy it from a bar on draft its like 6 or 7 bucks and a bottle is usually 12-14.  

i truely hate the PA laws.  i went to college in Ohio and it was just a field day of what you can do.  there are a few places near me that I can get create your own 6 packs for a reasonable price (12 bucks)  and some have a lot bigger of a selection but the beers average 3-6 bucks.  in turn it becomes really ineffective to buy it.

there is one bar near me that every thursday they have dollar beer night where one cooler is all a dollar.  its alot of stuff they are trying to move to make more room or like prior seasons beer.  have had the chance to try some really awesome stuff there.

if you like pumpkin imperial ale/stouts flying dog's fear imperial pumpkin is quite good.

Drinking Stone Coffee Milk Stout. Really enjoying it. At 4.2% I could drink these all night and be absolutely happy. Bold coffee flavor, great nose, color and feel. Definitely excited to have them open a brewery on the east coast. Still need to try their enjoy by series. Any others I should try to get my hands on?

When I go visit my brothers in Kansas City, they have a really good brewery called Boulevard.  I've seen it around at some other places to.  Their Wheat beer is very very good.

I just tried one of their IPAs and enjoyed it. They had a big promo event at one of the stores we have in PA. I thought they were a new philly brewer at first, named after the Roosevelt Boulevard which everyone just calls the boulevard. It's a fitting name, but I was surprised lol.

I just tried one of their IPAs and enjoyed it. They had a big promo event at one of the stores we have in PA. I thought they were a new philly brewer at first, named after the Roosevelt Boulevard which everyone just calls the boulevard. It's a fitting name, but I was surprised lol.

I believe they just started distributing in the Philly area.