The Beer Thread

I used to drink this in college. It was only $6 for a 6 pack and I think 6%. It was awful but I was a poor student.

My girlfriends grandpa passed away last year and he had some of these. I thought I'd try one and after one sip I had to pour it out.

Are you in Quebec?

Nope, Pennsylvania.  I had one sip and had to pour it out as well.  I think they got a case of 24 or 30 for $15.  

A brewery called Creature Comforts opened in Athens earlier this year. I've yet to go to the actual brewery (even though I live like ten minutes from it), but so far, I'm very impressed. My favorite of theirs is the Tropicalia IPA. Some guy on Beer Advocate summed it up quite nicely: "This is an awesome, awesome beer. Juicy citrus and huge tropical fruit with wonderful accents of the more bitter side of hops. I loved how the bitter on the back end complimented the fruitiness in the front. Very well balanced to me. This has to be one of the best IPAs I've ever had." Also, the packaging is pretty kick-ass. (It's the one on the left.)

Creature-Comfort-Cans.jpg

They very recently started canning the beer and selling in the Athens-Atlanta area, and apparently they're selling so well that the brewery ordered new tanks to double their brewing capacity, so kudos to them!

An hour and a half later standing inline, most of which was outside, and I am the proud owner of 2 bottles of this year's Lakefront Black Friday beer! Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to try some until tomorrow, but everyone I talked to said it was great! PUMPED!

I'll be in Raleigh in a few weeks. Any breweries/beers I should check out? will probably bring some back that doesn't distribute in PA.

Trophy is super good in Raleigh, and some of the best pizza around. Other breweries I would consider would be

Raleigh Brewing 

Crank Arm Brewing

Lynnwood Brewing Concern

In Durham there's Fullsteam, which is alright, but their space is great, and their graphic design is killer. They sell bombers as well.

Carrboro has a rad brewery called Steel String, and those guys/their beer is great.

Haw River Farmhouse Ales is one of the other more exciting breweries down here (that just opened last month), and is about 40 mins from raleigh, but the beer is amazing, and the town it's in is super cool, in a quaint/kitschy way. 

If you're looking for a killer bottle shop in Raleigh, hit up Tasty Beverage Co. They'll definitely have plenty for ya to check out and take home. Two of my other spots are:

Sam's Quik Shop in Durham

Beer Study in Chapel Hill

Both are dope, and realisitically, if you go to either, there's a pretty good chance you'll see me haha. If you're here after Christmas, a beer i made at Starpoint might be out and on the shelves too, but only at Beer Study.

I'm FINALLY drinking the Lakefront Black Friday beer. It's amazing. Kinda curious to see how it would've tasted like if it wasn't aged in bourbon barrels, but yeah, totally worth the wait.

Had one of these guys last night. It. Was. Delicious.

Really tart, hit of fruit. Felt my lips actually puckering a few times when I took a drink.

Drank it with some badass tacos my wife made, perfect match.

128642.jpg

those guys make a lot of good beer, and i'm happy a fair amount of them are Office Space related

those guys make a lot of good beer, and i'm happy a fair amount of them are Office Space related

I had never had one of theirs before. My buddy came to visit a week ago and him and his friend bought me some expensive beers for letting them stay with us.

The other one I've had so far was this guy:

crooked_fence_grim03.jpg

Also very delicious, nice and dark, little chocolately, coffee hits. Super tasty. I was pretty drunk already when I had this though.

We also watched that documentary "Pumping Iron" while drinking...watch that shit. It's hilarious.

SO, I know I've been blowing this thread up with mention of that Whiskeytown beer I made, but we finally posted the labels of the first bottling, (/150 bottles). I'm stoked for it. They just need to be numbered and waxed, then they're going on the shelves.

Check it out!: https://www.facebook.com/StarpointBrewing, and like Starpoint while you're at it ;)

10846471_755800337836952_315125945781462

Had one of these guys last night. It. Was. Delicious.

Really tart, hit of fruit. Felt my lips actually puckering a few times when I took a drink.

Drank it with some badass tacos my wife made, perfect match.

128642.jpg

AAAHHHHHHH

WANT

And this is based 100 % on me loving just the label.

Maybe I shouldn't be in this thread....

So guys what should I try after the Christmas beers are gone? I've been drinking a lot of the Snowdrift Vanilla Porter.

Any time I see any sour anymore I get it. That said, it's winter. Stouts are always a good choice. I had a Full Sail Brewer's Share Oatmeal Stout tonight that was pretty tasty.

All their Brewer's Share set sound pretty good actually.

Full-Sail-Brewers-Share-2015-web.jpg

Any time I see any sour anymore I get it. That said, it's winter. Stouts are always a good choice. I had a Full Sail Brewer's Share Oatmeal Stout tonight that was pretty tasty.

All their Brewer's Share set sound pretty good actually.

Full-Sail-Brewers-Share-2015-web.jpg

Are most Winter brews IPA? I can't do IPA.