Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

People have felt entitled to throw out the word entitlement a lot recently. There are some good examples of this recently, a few even in this thread, but Perma's is not really one of them. I would say Perma could call his credit card company if it is an issue (and he made it sound like a nuisance not the end of the world) but yeah Hot Topic shouldn't charge it if it's not "available." It's stupid if they did. But yeah everyone and this entitlement to talk about entitlement sometimes is crazy here. Entitlement issues galore.

yeah, i know how buying records works. i was fully aware that there would be a hold on my account when i made the purchase. however, i was also under the assumption that i was going to be getting the item i ordered. a $27 hold on my account isnt going to kill me. the thing that irritates me is that even if the record was available now, i would have to order again separately (and then have a $54 hold on my account) while waiting potentially up to two weeks to get the original $27 back. 

i know hot topic isnt "stealing my money",  when did i say they were in the first place? its just a shitty way for the transaction to take place. with every release it seems like this happens, it seems like they would learn by now, but i guess the same could be said for us.

yeah, i know how buying records works. i was fully aware that there would be a hold on my account when i made the purchase. however, i was also under the assumption that i was going to be getting the item i ordered. a $27 hold on my account isnt going to kill me. the thing that irritates me is that even if the record was available now, i would have to order again separately (and then have a $54 hold on my account) while waiting potentially up to two weeks to get the original $27 back.

i know hot topic isnt stealing from me, i am not an idiot. its just a shitty way for the transaction to take place. with every release it seems like this happens, it seems like they would learn by now, but i guess the same could be said for us.

I hear you. As a heads up, you can grab an original press off of discogs for less than 20 bucks right now?

Picking an release date is a guess. You are guessing when the band will have the recording done, the artwork will be ready, the printing, the pressing. It's all guesswork. It's a reissue so some of that is done, but pressing plants tell you 3 months so you factor it in as 3 1/2 and it takes 4.

If the record actually ships a week later than expected that's a win. I appreciate the email.

They probably should change the date on the website though.

I take this back. Not a peep since the email. Lame.

Also can anyone confirm if some of these epitpah represses are going to to be avalaible on record store day? I've heard a roumour that there will be some of these LP's on alternative colours?

I fucking hope not! I don't have the money to buy three different copies of all of these NOFX records.

Hi all! Where can I order the following HT exclusive vinyl? I can't find them on HT site.

Millencolin - Pennybridge Pioneers LP brown /700

Millencolin - For Monkeys LP green /500

Millencolin - Life On A Plate LP blue /700

I'm also looking for the Indie Store exclusive editions of these titles. Can you help me please?

Hi all! Where can I order the following HT exclusive vinyl? I can't find them on HT site.

I'm also looking for the Indie Store exclusive editions of these titles. Can you help me please?

Just keep looking... It's there. And when you can't find it, just keep looking....

REPOSTING from Travis as people seem to keep asking a lot and not looking through the pages....

Here is the list of releases and dates on the HT exclusive colors

Out Now

Rancid - Lets Go 2x10" red /700

Bad Religion - No Control LP blue /700

3/11

NOFX - Ribbed LP clear /800

Pennywise - Pennywise LP blue /700

3/25

NOFX - So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes LP brown /800

NOFX - Punk In Drublic LP pink /800

Rancid - Life Won'T Wait LP blue /800

Rancid - Rancid 2000 LP white /800

Pennywise - Unknown Road LP orange /650

The Bouncing Souls - Hopeless Romantic LP orange /700

4/1

NOFX - White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean LP yellow /750

NOFX - Heavy Petting Zoo/Eating Lamb LP red /800

Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves LP red /800

4/8

The Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation LP blue /700

Descendents - Everything Sucks LP purple /750

Pennywise - About Time LP yellow /700

4/15

Bad Religion - Generator LP gray /700

Bad Religion - Against the Grain LP purple /700

The Bouncing Souls - The Bouncing Souls LP red /750

Shopradiocast have for monkeys

REPOSTING from Travis as people seem to keep asking a lot and not looking through the pages....

Here is the list of releases and dates on the HT exclusive colors

Out Now

Rancid - Lets Go 2x10" red /700

Bad Religion - No Control LP blue /700

3/11

NOFX - Ribbed LP clear /800

Pennywise - Pennywise LP blue /700

3/25

NOFX - So Long and Thanks For All the Shoes LP brown /800

NOFX - Punk In Drublic LP pink /800

Rancid - Life Won'T Wait LP blue /800

Rancid - Rancid 2000 LP white /800

Pennywise - Unknown Road LP orange /650

The Bouncing Souls - Hopeless Romantic LP orange /700

4/1

NOFX - White Trash Two Heebs and a Bean LP yellow /750

NOFX - Heavy Petting Zoo/Eating Lamb LP red /800

Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves LP red /800

4/8

The Bouncing Souls - How I Spent My Summer Vacation LP blue /700

Descendents - Everything Sucks LP purple /750

Pennywise - About Time LP yellow /700

4/15

Bad Religion - Generator LP gray /700

Bad Religion - Against the Grain LP purple /700

The Bouncing Souls - The Bouncing Souls LP red /750

You don't need to repost it, I already read it. I just can't find them in HT store. Could you send me a link please?

So will they be available since the release date only?

Hot Topic will post them up when they get them. It may be a little before and most likely after the release date.

As for the Indie Store exclusives check your local record store and online distros. If you are new to vinyl please read this: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/84491-new-to-vinyl-faq-sticky-me/