PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

No, it's pretty unfair. 

You're paying $100 bucks more because you get shit you don't want signed by the band and on "limited" color vinyl.

There's enough crazy 3EB fans out there to price it at that and that's what this was put together for.

What's unfair? It's a box set. It's meant to be sold altogether. It's a singular product.

anyway, how about we get back to talking about how awesome this is going to be. really stoked on the fact blue is on blue vinyl.

Yeah, this boxset should be good times.

Really happy to have picked up S/T and Blue at the same time. Only familiar with a few tracks off OOTV but people are mentioning it specifically. I guess now is a good time to get familiar since I just spent 40 bucks on it. Red Star = meh. Ursa, I already had. Fingers crossed for audio quality and no quirky manufacturing issues

It seems like ones complaining about the price are the ones that "only like 1 album" the rest of the stuff is great and this is for those fans.

there's no way in hell i can afford this, or even all of them when they are priced out singularly. already have ursa major anyway. i love this band and all of their albums but if i have to pick, i just want OOTV.

not really complaining, just letting you know that there are people out there who wish it was cheaper and are a fan of the whole catalog

With no mention of audio sources, I can't imagine these will be worth it overall. I want them all for sure, but I just can't justify it. If it isn't more than a redbook signal to vinyl, who cares??

im pretty sure jenkins owns the masters for these so it wont be some shitty mix

They're probably just using the same stampers from the first press of s/t and blue and ursa.

nope

If these are 180 gram, they would have to be different stampers, right?

nope

What would be the issue with reusing the stampers? First press of those 3 albums sounded solid

you're both wrong. first off, stampers are good for about 1,000 records and they do not age over several years. also, different weights don't need different stampers. 

you're both wrong. first off, stampers are good for about 1,000 records and they do not age over several years. also, different weights don't need different stampers.

Well almost, they're perfectly good for about 5,000 before they start to wear, that's why mofi limits pressings to 5,000. But often, stampers will be used for up to 10,000.