PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

Alright guys. Little bit of bad news here. I was in the process of making a deal to purchase this guys box set, and I was a little suspicious about the "PayPal email" that I received... decided to give PayPal a call, and they've assured me that it was indeed a fraudulent email. This guy has responded to all of my messages within minutes today, but my most recent message that I called him out in has yet to be replied to. I figured giving him 20 minutes was long enough given his track record today, and the fact that I wanted to let everyone know before he potentially tries to pull that same thing on you. Anyway, there is probably a better place to post this...well in addition to here, I think it was necessary to post it here. So if someone has some guidance for me that would be great. Not the greatest first transaction experience for me on here, but thankfully Im hyper vigilant when it comes to things like this.

It should be mentioned that his "PayPal" account is [email protected]. So everyone, please keep an eye out. I'll post all of the relevant info wherever you guys direct me.

Sorry for the spiel, and thanks for your replies.

What was your suspicion about the Paypal e-mail? How was the transaction fraudulent?

Wow, I am pretty pissed off you are going out of your way with this bs. I'm not a fraud at all. I've sold stuff from time to time to numerous people on here, and my eBay account is the same... Bulletproofo1. I will not have this guy badmouth me on here with ridiculous accusations.

Again, like I said... if I was mislead I'm incredibly sorry. But how would you respond when PayPal tells you that an email is fraudulent? The only reason I posted here, was because you took longer than usual to respond and I thought that if what PayPal told me was true then I was responsible for telling people what happened. If I was out of place, I take full responsibility.

Have you used Paypal before? You don't need invoices. He just gave you an option of how to pay him by giving you his Paypal e-mail.

That's the way I've always done sales on VC. Isn't that the norm? "What's your Paypal e-mail?"

I just thought everyone should know that a user with less than 100 posts that is trying to soil someone else's reputation There is probably a better place to post this...well in addition to here, I think it was necessary to post it here. So if someone has some guidance for me that would be great. 

Yes, I have used PayPal before, thank you, but not on here. I know that I can just transfer him the money... but this all originated from him sending me an invoice. It wasn't that I was requiring an invoice, it was that the invoice I received didn't appear on my account and PayPal told me that that email was fake and lead to another "spoof PayPal" website. I was just trying to help by posting about this, not soil anyone's reputation unjustly.

And how would this be any different if I had 4000 posts... I would have done the same thing. If it were $10 that I was transferring that would be one thing, but a transaction over $200 requires attention to detail on my part. If I were to transfer the money without due diligence then I would be in the wrong.

The fact that I posted about this, and somehow I've been down voted 4 times....and yet the person I was in talks with has been up voted however many times makes no sense to me. I've made it clear that I had no intention of badmouthing him, and that my only goal was to share my experience and what PayPal said. I obviously should have kept my mouth shut. I didn't lose any money, and if I wouldn't have said anything and it happened to someone else...it wouldn't have been my problem. I'm sorry I ever said anything.

R4j1vuO.jpg

Oh well, I guess I'm a bitch. Its great that the only person I seem to have come to terms with to some extent is the one I've been accused of badmouthing... everyone else is just full on against me. Thats cool though, I now know not to ever do anything with the intention of helping others on here. I assume deleting my posts related to this is fine? No point leaving them on here as I've come to terms with the fact that no one really cares, and unitiliwakeup may not deserve the bad publicity. 

Just realized that my quotes are still there after I delete, so I guess theres no point in that.

Edited by cdmclements

Oh well, I guess I'm a bitch. Its great that the only person I seem to have come to terms with to some extent is the one I've been accused of badmouthing... everyone else is just full on against me. Thats cool though, I now know not to ever do anything with the intention of helping others on here. I assume deleting my posts related to this is fine? No point leaving them on here as I've come to terms with the fact that no one really cares, and unitiliwakeup may not deserve the bad publicity. 

Just realized that my quotes are still there after I delete, so I guess theres no point in that.

I hope you never get into a real fight because you'd beat yourself up before the other person even got in a punch. 

That being said, fuck Third Eye Blind.  I had to issue a chargeback with my credit card company because they're incredibly incapable of responding to numerous cancelation request e-mails..  Part of me just wants to get the set now so I can flip the shit out of it on Ebay.  Yeah, I said it.  FLIP THE FUCKIN SHIT OUT OF IT ON EBAY!

I hope you never get into a real fight because you'd beat yourself up before the other person even got in a punch. 

That being said, fuck Third Eye Blind.  I had to issue a chargeback with my credit card company.  Part of me just wants to get the set now so I can flip the shit out of it on Ebay.  Yeah, I said it.  FLIP THE FUCKIN SHIT OUT OF IT ON EBAY!

Haha, bud... there's a big difference between those two situations. When you are the new guy on the block, and clearly everyone is against you...its probably time to realize you did something wrong. If I had no interest in sticking around here, maybe I would have been more aggressive. As far as getting into a real fight...I guess there's really no way for you to know.

What actually happened on this forum today?

cdmclements accused untilwakeup of Paypal fraud regarding a transaction for what is essentially a non-existent box set at this point in time. Untiliwakeup defended his/herself, cdmclements was downvoted a bunch while attempting to apologize and take back his hastily-made accusations.  cdmclements, realizing this entire debacle over goods that neither he nor anyone else actually has in their hands, was getting completely out of hand, deleted all his posts.  It was a lolfest.  And now there's a giant hole in this thread where mirth and delight used to exist...and now, only confusion remains for the rest of you.  

cdmclements accused untilwakeup of Paypal fraud regarding a transaction for what is essentially a non-existent box set at this point in time. Untiliwakeup defended his/herself, cdmclements was downvoted a bunch while attempting to apologize and take back his hastily-made accusations.  cdmclements, realizing this entire debacle over goods that neither he nor anyone else actually has in their hands, was getting completely out of hand, deleted all his posts.  It was a lolfest.  And now there's a giant hole in this thread where mirth and delight used to exist...and now, only confusion remains for the rest of you.  

There's really no need for me to comment anymore, I guess I'm just hunting for more down votes, but it was PayPal that said it was fraudulent...I was just relaying the message. untiliwakeup is a cool guy, and it was just a misunderstanding.

There's really no need for me to comment anymore, I guess I'm just hunting for more down votes, but it was PayPal that said it was fraudulent...I was just relaying the message. untiliwakeup is a cool guy, and it was just a misunderstanding.

Lol, the day that I worry about down votes on a message board is the day I want every one of you to show up at my door step and put a fucking bullet in my head. 

What in the hell is wrong with you man?  Grow a pair, shut the fuck up, and move on.

Sorry if I just got "real" on you but you need it.  Christ, you're more sensitive than a wang that just got circumsized.

....have we not learned anything from CrazyBeats?????

RIP 2013

That is truthfully the damnedest thing I've heard in a while. Must be #Jenkins fault...