Amazon Now Delivers on Sunday

Wow, this is awesome and great for USPS.  I never fail to be amazed at Amazon's shipping speeds.  Last week I placed an order on Sunday and received my package the following day.  Seems pretty incredible that I can place an order on Sunday, a non-business day, and receive my package the following afternoon.  This news give me more reasons to renew Prime.

it's genius. why hadn't the usps shipped on sundays? for archaic religious reasons the government is no longer tied to? idiotic. about time someone made the play.

Also because it is less efficient.

You really need those tube socks or that playstation game on Sunday and not Monday? Anything you REALLY need immediately, most people are going to run to the nearest store, not pay for express shipping. And if it's not a pressing issue, who cares?

Seems retarded to me. The post office needs to move towards running a really efficient, low cost mail system that delivers 3 days a week, then let UPS/Fedex pick up the time dependent deliveries.

It's also kinda funny that that article was written by a newspaper owned by the CEO of Amazon.

Almost seems like it should be illegal -- even if you meter responses and don't just jock Amazon all the time, they are going to skew a certain way. The best news is the kind that can be written independently of business conflicts of interest.

Also because it is less efficient.

You really need those tube socks or that playstation game on Sunday and not Monday? Anything you REALLY need immediately, most people are going to run to the nearest store, not pay for express shipping. And if it's not a pressing issue, who cares?

Seems retarded to me. The post office needs to move towards running a really efficient, low cost mail system that delivers 3 days a week, then let UPS/Fedex pick up the time dependent deliveries.

By this logic, I should get my junk mail once a month and my paycheck two days late.

By this logic, I should get my junk mail once a month and my paycheck two days late.

No. You are taking a point WAY beyond the boundary of being reasonable, like taking "I need to lose weight" to mean that I want to look like an anorexic. There is a happy medium out there for the post office. It's been clearly stated in many, many financial articles that it is fewer mail deliveries, not more. At best this is a band-aid on a bullet wound.

It's been clearly stated in many, many financial articles that it is fewer mail deliveries, not more. At best this is a band-aid on a bullet wound.

Less delivieries would be more efficient. Id prefer to wait the few days or to have the option to go in and pick up my package. Then again I live walking distance from my Post Office. And half the time, I have to go there to pick up anyways.

As far as Amazon offering it, I am willing to wait on just about anything I order online. I don't see it as an incentive to increase my shoppping with Amazon. But different strokes for different folks.

Huh? I was talking about direct deposit. I would be shocked if it wasn't offered by the state of NY.

Of course it is but you'd be surprised by how many people don't have it. A big reason for that is so get out checks/stubs a day before the deposit hits our account and a lot of people don't want to wait. I would hate having to goto the bank though so direct deposit is the best.