Soooo I'm excited for the rest of the releases. I'm even excited for Greatest Hits. I'll probably end up selling/trading my Blue/White marbled Neighborhoods and get the splatter variant. This will be a cool series to collect. I have to admit, its cool to have pretty much the whole discography pressed as a variant series.

one of my good friends almost committed suicide a few weeks ago... she didnt... but...

George Carlin is hailed as one of the best comedians of all time and he used to joke about suicide all the time.

I just listened to this the other day, lol, he mentions the ratio of males to females who successfully commit suicide is 4:1.  "So men are better at it!"  And goes on to say if women want to be so equal they're going to have to start committing suicide in greater numbers. 

I knew a girl who committed suicide long, long time ago.  And a few others who I was aquaintences with, since.  I might've been sensitive to suicide jokes for a while after it happened & taken them to my personal situation, but I've let it all go, and gone back to my original state of thinking everything is funny.  Which is a much better & happier place to be.

Not to drag on the topic, but if you're interested & have a few minutes, political correctness summed up so well by Doug Stanhope here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6-y1rxC65E

I can't wait for the rest of these Blink 182 releases! 

How much you gonna sell for if you do?

Soooo I'm excited for the rest of the releases. I'm even excited for Greatest Hits. I'll probably end up selling/trading my Blue/White marbled Neighborhoods and get the splatter variant. This will be a cool series to collect. I have to admit, its cool to have pretty much the whole discography pressed as a variant series.

How much you gonna sell for if you do?

Well I would rather trade it rather than selling it. Selling it would have its monetary benefits but trading, I feel, is more fun.

But if I had to sell it, I would sell it for the same price as this variant. So that way I wouldn't lose anything lol.

I just listened to this the other day, lol, he mentions the ratio of males to females who successfully commit suicide is 4:1.  "So men are better at it!"  And goes on to say if women want to be so equal they're going to have to start committing suicide in greater numbers. 

I knew a girl who committed suicide long, long time ago.  And a few others who I was aquaintences with, since.  I might've been sensitive to suicide jokes for a while after it happened & taken them to my personal situation, but I've let it all go, and gone back to my original state of thinking everything is funny.  Which is a much better & happier place to be.

Not to drag on the topic, but if you're interested & have a few minutes, political correctness summed up so well by Doug Stanhope here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6-y1rxC65E

While I'm a fan of Doug Stanhope, he does not understand how rape jokes are different from diabetes jokes. Tosh straight up said it would be funny if this woman was gang raped by five dudes, in that moment. That is not funny at all. Threatening sexual violence on someone, regardless of context, is simply not okay. The problem with rape jokes is not that they push boundaries, but that they hold up a violent male hegemony, which is focused on maintaining male power over women. This effectively keeps women subject to male control.

dude didn't find suicide funny because it hits too close to home. how do you not understand that? I had a brother die from electrocution when he was 13. To this day I do not find it funny whatsoever when a show or movie or whatever shows someone getting severely electrocuted as a comedic device. Does that piss you off as well? Find whatever you want funny, but don't give someone shit because they don't find something funny because they've actually lived through what is being joked about. Some people have more experiences in their lives than you, if you can believe that. Just your preference. Not everyone NEEDS to be on the same page. Chill....

Ok, I get it.  No one is going to win this and it's not the forum for it anyways.  We seriously need to drop this subject and get this thread back on track to blink-182 splatter, I'm very regretful that I even started this whole debate.  We're going to agree to disagree.  :)

So... Dude Ranch was pretty popular when I was in high school.  Used to cover Dammit in the first band I was ever in.  I liked that album but never really fell in love with it.  Then when EOTS came out, I really got into that album.  My girlfriend at the time was an absolute blink-182 nut.  I got her and I tickets to a show up at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan.  It was kind of lame because there was a substitute drummer for Travis (if I remember correctly, he broke his leg or something).  The replacement was the drummer for Orange 9mm who was good but just not as good.  Overall, it was a pretty damn good show actually.  I suppose this is why I really only seem to be attached to EOTS.  Since that album, I've tried and tried but just can't seem to get into the following albums.  It bums me, because I really WANT to like more of their stuff.

So... Dude Ranch was pretty popular when I was in high school.  Used to cover Dammit in the first band I was ever in.  I liked that album but never really fell in love with it.  Then when EOTS came out, I really got into that album.  My girlfriend at the time was an absolute blink-182 nut.  I got her and I tickets to a show up at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Michigan.  It was kind of lame because there was a substitute drummer for Travis (if I remember correctly, he broke his leg or something).  The replacement was the drummer for Orange 9mm who was good but just not as good.  Overall, it was a pretty damn good show actually.  I suppose this is why I really only seem to be attached to EOTS.  Since that album, I've tried and tried but just can't seem to get into the following albums.  It bums me, because I really WANT to like more of their stuff.

You and I must've been in high school around the same time.  My first band also used to cover Dammit.

Delta Panthers Class of '01, represent.  Delta is known for their wrestling.  We've been state champions in Ohio a number of times.

01 for me as well.  The coolest thing to happen in my hometown, is the Chicago Bears summer camp (which isn't saying much) was a block away from my house.

every band has covered dammit, and dammit it's so fucking annoying / great at the same time.

Yea, everyone in the 90's/early 2000's for sure.

every band has covered dammit, and dammit it's so fucking annoying / great at the same time.

Just a reminder that All Time Low, Pierce the Veil, Of Mice & Men and Chelsea Grin once played "Dammit" live together.

Never again.

That said, when Neck Deep played their first show in the US they covered it with Old Again. That was pretty sweet.

I just listened to this the other day, lol, he mentions the ratio of males to females who successfully commit suicide is 4:1. "So men are better at it!" And goes on to say if women want to be so equal they're going to have to start committing suicide in greater numbers.

I knew a girl who committed suicide long, long time ago. And a few others who I was aquaintences with, since. I might've been sensitive to suicide jokes for a while after it happened & taken them to my personal situation, but I've let it all go, and gone back to my original state of thinking everything is funny. Which is a much better & happier place to be.

Not to drag on the topic, but if you're interested & have a few minutes, political correctness summed up so well by Doug Stanhope here:

Try having a close friend or family member kill themselves then tell me suicide jokes don't bug you. While i'm not offended really, I don't see the how things like that can be funny. Not even that the subject matter is dark, it just has no humor to it at all...

Edit: I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Hopefully you will never have to feel such things.