Andy Kaufman still messing with people's heads 29 years later

http://defamer.gawker.com/is-andy-kaufman-still-alive-1463790778

Ok. Tonight was a mindfuck. Anyone who was there will attest. Andy Kaufman's daughter came onstage and claimed he was alive. It was. It was...I can't tell you how it was, only that it was as real as any reality that i've seen. and yeah. I get that it is - could - might all be a hoax. That was the only and last thing I want to say. it was fucking fucked up. She said he is alive and that the passing of his father this July made him want to reach out via her- to Michael, Andy's brother. She said he is watching the award entries, semi and finalists with great interest always. He just wanted to disappear. To be a father. To be an observer. As much as this seems like bullshit as I type it, it was as real as anything I've ever seen. There is video. It was chilling, upsetting and absolutely intriguing. I bawled my eyes out. The entire room was freaked out. It was, if nothing else, brilliant. and incredibly mindfuckng and AWESOME.

People are saying the "daughter" is a theatre student.

Michael shared a story of finding his brother's elaborate plans to fake his own death after Andy had passed on, along with a note that he would reappear on Christmas Eve 1999 at his favorite restaurant. Michael went to the restaurant, and though Andy never showed, a letter was handed to him that explained that Andy had gone into hiding to live a normal life and now had a wife and daughter—but didn't want anyone to find out while the Kaufmans' father Stanley was still alive.

This is strange that this is happening... for the past three days Andy Kaufman has come up in my brain, and I really know nothing about the guy.  Two days ago I thought about how I never saw Man On The Moon (the movie).  Yesterday on my drive home from work, the radio played two REM songs, and again I thought about Man On The Moon (the song).  This morning I get into my car as a song is ending, and the next song that played was Man On The Moon.

Then you post this.  I'm intrigued now.

between your dreams and rando appearances of news stories before they break...

if you have any dreams in which i am dying or my penis is cut off, please dont tell me.

edit: there is a new guy that started here last week. his name is andy. and every time i have to go to the printer, i pass by him and i sing:

"Now, Andy did you hear about this one?
Tell me, are you locked in the punch?
Andy are you goofing on Elvis? Hey, baby
Are you having fun?"

and he always replies very monotone. "no"

between your dreams and rando appearances of news stories before they break...

if you have any dreams in which i am dying or my penis is cut off, please dont tell me.

Haha I have had so many of instances like those happen over the years.  None about anybody's penis, so you're good there.

Whether or not this is true, it did bring a smile to my face. Man was the ultimate in fucking with people's minds. 

Indeed, whoever(be it Andy or a group of people if Andy is indeed dead) comes up with these schemes leave no stone unturned and they are just perfectly executed. I'm sure people are gonna search out that 1999 restaurant and see what went down there, but I like the mystery of it all and if one day he were to appear on Letterman or something, what a glorious day that would be. My dead comedians tour is pretty generic, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, and Mitch Hedburg. My mind is blanking on other comedians that have passed on.

Indeed, whoever(be it Andy or a group of people if Andy is indeed dead) comes up with these schemes leave no stone unturned and they are just perfectly executed. I'm sure people are gonna search out that 1999 restaurant and see what went down there, but I like the mystery of it all and if one day he were to appear on Letterman or something, what a glorious day that would be. My dead comedians tour is pretty generic, Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, and Mitch Hedburg. My mind is blanking on other comedians that have passed on.

rodney dangerfield, george carlin, and redd foxx.

i really really really hope that one day andy pops up in the oddest place and makes a televised appearance to stun everyone. it would be followed by a tear and a slow hard clap. or shows up as an audience member on jimmy kimmel.

rodney dangerfield, george carlin, and redd foxx.

i really really really hope that one day andy pops up in the oddest place and makes a televised appearance to stun everyone. it would be followed by a tear and a slow hard clap. or shows up as an audience member on jimmy kimmel.

this. I would love to see him just sit down as any other audience member and just fuck around with Kimmel or Conan. that would be the best.

That video is cringe-worthy, and IMO makes it pretty obvious that this is bullshit.

She also says "like" way too much and it's fucking annoying.

I think if that was an actress the point was for her to come off as a normal girl, girl would get nervous and say Like a lot and not really know how to be in front of people.  I don't really understand what the purpose of her being there was but who knows.

i want to believe....

but i'd like to hear about how he popped up as a perp on Law & Order SVU.

but the superbowl thing sounds far better. but i'd like him to parachute in on the field wearing his wrestling garb and classic neckbrace. he then would tear it off and go into a rendition of "If you want blood (you got it)" being backed by AC/DC.